Friday, February 11, 2011

Luvin' Lavendar

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!! Today I'm sharing a card I created for Elisabeth Bell's Digital DT using a sweet image called Parasol. I initially thought this would only be appropriate for a baby shower but it could also be used for a Spring or Easter card.
Besides coloring the image I had fun creating the ribbon on the bottom of my card. For those of you who don't have a sewing machine, don't worry, I didn't sew the ribbon. It appears that way but it isn't. LOL!!
To create the gathered and sewn effect, I simply added one strip of tape across the bottom which holds the top of the ribbon. Little by little I gathered and pressed it on the tape.
Lastly I added a strip of designer paper to cover the top of the ribbon. Thanks for your visit today!

19 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card jodi I love the stamp
hugs Lia

Debbie said...

Love the lillac's a color love and very rarely use. Also thanks for explaining how you got the ribbon on... Have a sewing machine, it's close by, just haven't attempted to sew anything on my cards yet... Eventually...lol

Great job
Hugs
Debbie

Juls said...

Just beautiful!!! hugs Juls

arjette said...

Ooooh what a beautifull card!!! I really love that stamp!

gr. arjette

jules said...

wow just gorgeous!!! love the lilac!

Cheryl said...

oh this is gorgoues love the lilac colors on this hugs cheryl xx

Diane said...

How lovely! That umbrella fits perfectly in that die! Love it!

Kristel said...

A really gorgeous card Jodi! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Renkata said...

wow Jodi, this is so cute and adorable.

Sue said...

Hi Jodi
a gorgeous card, lovely image, beautiful colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Gorgeous Jodi!
hugs Yvonne

Dora said...

What an adorable stamp, yes it could easily be appropriate for a baby shower. and I love how you did the ribbon, what a great idea. Hugs xxx

Marlene said...

This is adorable! I love the die cut you used to frame this gorgeous stamp. Everything works so well together!

1LuvnMama said...

I'm luvn lavendar too! Super clever on the non-sewn on ribbon. Have a great weekend!

Cami said...

Love this pretty, feminine, lavendar parasol, Jodi. It is perfect for spring and Easter as you said. Have a fun-filled weekend!
Hugs, Cami

Shirley N said...

Jodi, this is just stunning! I love your layout and your die cut and your ribbon is beautiful. Gorgeous coloring too! Love this!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Jodi! Love the colors and how you did the ribbon on the bottom.

Auntie Em said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours you chose and the ribbon ruffle.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

sharman said...

Love the card with the ribbon. This was my very first Digi as I LOVE Elizabeth Bell. I have colored it several time but never in your colors. I think I just might "steal" your idea if you don't mind and it is just stunning. Of course all the work that you do is stunning. I am on your site quite a lot because I love your work. Thank you....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS