Thursday, January 6, 2011

Last Minute Favors

Last week a co-worker asked me to create favors for another co-worker who has dropped her full time status to call in since she will be heading back to school for her nursing degree. I was only asked 2 days prior to the lunch last Thursday and had to create 40 favors. Here's what I came up with.
I thought it was appropriate to use my cute little suitcase die from Sizzix and of course use Hello Kitty... my favorite and yours too!! LOL!! I of course could not create anything that was not going to be to my liking and made something that took hours and hours! It was fun and I think they turned out cute, BUT would not do this again with just 2 days.

For Hello Kitty, I used my Cricut Machine which I love but have neglected for so long. If you plan on making these kinds of favors and to create Hello Kitty to fit perfectly here on the box, you'll want to be sure to use her at 2 1/2" on your cricut.
After the long hours in creating all 40 I must say that seeing how happy my friend and co-workers were, it was all worth it!! Don't you think these make great favors for Valentine's Day? hmm... the wheels are turning again!! =) Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!!

23 comments:

Marushy said...

Oh sooo sweet, a dream for girl

hugs
marushy

Tanya said...

EEK! These are so cute, love Hello Kitty!

Debbie said...

Oh Jodi, Love these, and you did these in record time!!!! I thought I was under alot of stress, but this beat me out... Great job..Adorable Sizzix die, might have to add that to my collection..Just got my Sizzix machine (Big Shot Pro) and haven't had time to play with it yet :( Hopefully Saturday

Crystal said...

These are soooo cute Jodi, oh my your co worker is gonna LOVE them!!!!

Chelsea said...

Hi Jodi, these are adorable! You are such a good friend for making these cuties in such short notice.
Love,
Chelsea

Juls said...

wow these are just too gorgeous for words!!! I have a friend who would just go crazy for these...she loves hello Kitty!! these are perfect! hugs Juls

Cardcorner by Yvonne said...

Wow, these little suitcases are gorgeous. Would love to see the smiles on their faces!
So you made 40 of them!! How did you do that, stay up all night?? Just kidding but must have been lots of work!
hugs Yvonne

Monique said...

So Cute Jodi!!

Mimi said...

OMGosh! these are so cute!! I bet everyone "ooohed" and "awwwed" at your office!! ;)

1LuvnMama said...

That is the cutest Jodi! :) I luv them myself and I can only imagine the reaction the ladies had at seeing these favors! Must've been a nice change to create something that doesn't require coloring huh?

Joy said...

Jodi! you are crazy girl! but that wouldn't be you if not yah! you made such wonderful favors in such a short time! I am so sure that they loved it! you simply amaze me with all you do! you go girl! hope to see you soon! take care!

Maria Therese said...

Oh these are so cute!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

I &hearts Hello Kitty!!!! Jodi, last week I bought myself a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt. Hahaha! Great job making 40 on such short notice, they are adorable. ~jeni :)

Cheryl said...

This is so cute Jodi!!! Happy New Year to you!

Cyndi said...

totally awesome favors! that is a lot in such a short time!

Shirley N said...

Wow Jodi, this is the cutest ever! I can't believe you did all that in 2 days, those lucky, lucky girls! Awesome job as always. I don't believe you told me you lost your mojo--never!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

oh how fun Jodi!! I just love your colors and design!!
hugs,
Chris

KimberleyG said...

Wow, they look fabulous!

cabio's craft corner said...

These suitcases are too cute!!! Hello Kitty is my childhood friend and she is still my friend, lol :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

*Vicki* said...

Jodi, these are darling and I'm sure your friends will love these!! :) You are always doing something nice for someone! HUGS

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Brenda said...

i think my new nickname for you is going to be speedy gonzales! 40 favors in 2 days? wow! i'm sure your hard work was very much appreciated!

Teri said...

Cute, cute, cute!! You are crazy to make that many in 2 days, but they turned out great and of course, everyone loved the HK!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS