Friday, December 3, 2010

Belles n' Whistles Advent Calendar Day #3!!

Hey there, today is day #3 for the annual Belles n' Whistles Advent Calendar and I've decided to create a tutorial. I love to create favor boxes and little gifts when I have time. One of the things I like are fast and easy tutorials so I came up with this.
I couldn't come up with a name for it other than a 12x12 Bag!! Would you like to make one? Let me show you how.
First you will need a 12x12 cardstock, scorer, cutter, scissors, tape and embellishments.

Take your cardstock and score it at 3" and 9".
Turn cardstock and score that side at 4 1/2" and 8 1/2".
Next, cut the cardstock as shown below.
You will then tape the box up to look like the photo below.

Begin to embellish your box as desired.


Here's the completed bag, easy right!! The image I used is called Catch a Flake, she is from the Snowbabies Collection. I have also added some punched snowflakes using my Martha Stewart border punch to make it look like she is catching snowflakes with her tongue.

Don't forget that you still have time to leave a comment on my post HERE for a chance to win the latest Merry Sledding stamp from Belles n' Whistles!! The deadline is tonight at 9PM HST!! I will announce the winner on Saturday!!

We also have an ornament contest that runs from December 1st until December 24... be sure you use any Belles n' Whistles stamp and upload it to the Gallery!! Find all the details on this post HERE!!

15 comments:

Renkata said...

Jodi, this box is so cute and the image adorable. Very lovely tutorial. Thanks dear!

Cheryl of Sassy Cheryl's said...

Wow. This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Super sweet. I just love that bag!!!!

Juls said...

this is just brill!!! Thanks for the tutorial! Hugs Juls

Julye said...

Imagine all the yummy goodies you could put in here it looks fab.

Tammi said...

Wow, amazing, gorgeous bag!

Tracy said...

Wow it's great, perfect for xmas pressies.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial Jodi!Love this cute little bag, can't wait to make one. ~jeni :)

Mimi said...

Fabulous bag! Thanks for the tutorial, will come in handy for the holiday season! ;)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Such a cute bag and I love the image catching snowflakes! You've been busy huh?

cardmaking bird said...

So, so gorgeous Jodi. I love that bold paper too! Hugs, Marie x

Cyndi said...

very cute and creative bag! TFS the tutorial!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this bag, Jodi! Thanks for the quick and easy tutorial!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is perfect!! Matches that beautiful reindeer card from yesterday!

donna mikasa said...

Such a cute bag and great tutorial, too! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Oh girl this is absolutely ADORABLE!! What a really fun tutorial on the blog too!! Thanks for sharing hun!!HUGS

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS