Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful For You

Did yesterday feel like a Friday for any of you? It did for me, I guess because of the Veteran's Day holiday... wish I took a vacation day from work today so that I could have a 4 day weekend!! Oh well! Today is a new challenge with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, and this time we are being sponsored with images from InStyle Stamps. The challenge is to create a card using stripes, so here's my take.
The DT had a choice between Christmas or Thanksgiving images so I went with Virginia who was obviously created for Thanksgiving. I had fun making this card and coloring the image. I finally had a chance to use my sewing machine again and did some stitching around the card for texture. The smallest things sometimes really make the card stand out better.
I hope you will join us as the holidays are fast approaching!! Happy Aloha Friday!! =)

20 comments:

Crystal said...

SOOOO Darling Jodi, I LOVE this image how CUTE your paper piecing is AWESOME!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

She sure is a cutie Jodi! Love the apple paper ~jeni :)

*Vicki* said...

Jodi, this is just adorable girl!! I LOVE your pretty colors and your ribbons look yummy too!! :) HUGS

Anne said...

This is adorable, love the sewing and pearls! :D

Hugs. :)

Renkata said...

what a darling is she:)
Beautiful card Jodi!

Joy said...

what a great card. so perfect for Thanksgiving. it's nice to know that people are not forgetting about this sweet holiday too. we can't forget to be thankful! hope you have a great Friday! I took off...but for Taelyn's fun fair today. have a fabulous weekend!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Jodi and love your colouring and design.
Hugs Linda

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Jodi,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

jgaffneycards said...

so cute, love the colours of the papers, image is soo cute, lovely,

Jenny :)

Shirley N said...

Cute image, gorgeous coloring and beautiful layout Jodi!

Kristel said...

This is really gorgeous Jodi! Love the warm colours!
Hugs Kristel

Kris said...

It's a wonderful "thankful" card!! Love the stitching!!

martina's kaartjes said...

Wow, this is a great card !! your coloring is fabulous !!! have a crafty weekend, greetings, martina
x

Maria Matter said...

super cute Jodi and your coloring is gorgeous hun!
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

So pretty! Enjoy your weekend, girl!

Danni said...

Yup, I'm all confused on what day it is! LOL!
Gorgeous card! your coloring is stunning as always!

Monique said...

Great choice Jodi! She is adorable...Wonderful coloring and great choice of DP!!

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Cyndi said...

beautiful thanksgiving card! love the image!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS