Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MERRY SLEDDING IS HERE!!

Hey blogland!! This is the first of 3 posts today, I hope you will come back to see the rest of them!! Today and the rest of the week I have got some wonderful new sneak peeks to share with you, so let's start it off right with a NEW Belles n' Whistles image which is really ADORABLE!! Her name is Merry Sledding!! What a great name for her!! Well, instead of making a card I have made her into an ornament to hang on my Christmas tree. I don't have my tree just yet so here it is...
She's CUTE, isn't she!! I just have to say that she is my favorite new image for the holidays! I have created an ornament that's a shaker. The inside of the shaker has some red, pink, gold and silver beads along with some chunky white/clear glitter to represent the snow. I added some color with the beads so you could see them... otherwise it will just all be white against the background.
This is a close up of the shaker ornament. I love to make shakers and used to do them all the time when I first started stamping.

Today also begins the Belles n' Whistles Annual Advent Calendar Blog Event!! Everyday from December 1st until December 24th we have something special for everyone and of course prizes!! We have an ornament contest that starts from today and will last until Christmas! All you need to do is create an ornament using any Belles n' Whistles stamp and post it to the challenge blog when you and your blog. There will be a Belles 'n Whistles $25 gift certificate awarded to the 1st place winner with 2nd and 3rd place winners named and awarded as well! You won't want to miss all of the fun coming this month!!

Would you like to win a cute Merry Sledding stamp of your very own? All you need to do is leave a comment here and I will pick a winner by Friday Dec. 3rd 9PM HST.
Don't forget to head to the Belles n' Whistles blog to see what the rest of the DT has made!! We also have some guests who have joined us on this release... they are my sisters from the Elisabeth Bell Digital Design team! So head on over to there to see their beautiful works too!!

54 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful card Jodi, I love the stamp and you've colored it beautifully
hugs Lia

Mette said...

What a fantastic idea to make an ornament. Love this sweet images and the colours are wonderful. Just FAB

Hugs, Mette

Trine Anette said...

Just gorgeous, both the stamp and the coloring.

Ulli said...

You just did a great job. I love your idea with the glimmer inside this card and the big snowflakes. And your colored sledding girl is just awwww....Thanks for sharing your ideas with us. Happy 1st December.

Riet said...

So beautiful Jodi,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cami said...

Oh Jodi, this Merry Sledding is so adorable! Great shaker ornament! Hugs, Cami

Meretekj said...

So cute and beautiful.
I love the image and the colours.

Debbie said...

Adorable!!! Will check in later to see your other creations

Grenouille Greetings said...

This little belle looks beautiful in every colour I see her. Fab shaker ornament, Jodi! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Yenni Natalia said...

gorgeous shaker hanging deco! :)

love every details

hugs
yenni :)

theCook said...

Love it! That "snow" in the shaker is beautiful! Thanks for a chance to win the stamp!

angelwhispers said...

A shaker card!!! Love it the image looks perfect on your design and the colours just beautiful!!

Chanelle xxx

Aussie Loz said...

I love shakers and have recently only made my first! I need some goodies to put on the inside!!!
Gorgeous DP and your colouring is so sweet, i want a coat just like her lol! ♥

Bibi said...

I love your shaker ornament, it`s fantastic!! And the little cutie.... well, I fell in love with her at once! Thank you for the winning chance!
Hugs, Bibi.

Penni said...

Stunning

Hugs
Penni
X

Nicki said...

Oh Jodi this is just so cute, absolutely love it
take care
Nicki
x

Jenni said...

Just love this - I now feel inspired to go and make a shaker too!
Jenni x

lis-m said...

Omg !! another gorgeous creation... i love stopping by your blog , it brightens my day.! thanks for sharing this super cute creation!
hugs xx

Julye said...

Fab ornament and love Merry will give her a home anytime thanks for the chance.

Carissa said...

What a darling little ornament. It is gorgeous, I love it.
Hugs, Carissa

Angela said...

Beautiful ornament Jodi! Love the shaker element to your card and your image is colored beautifully! hugs, Angela

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWEE Jodi girl, you outdid yourself yet again... What an absolutely ADORABLE ornament... Of course this little snowbaby is so close to my heart, so seeing her there, just melts my heart!
biggest Snowbeary Hugs
Lynda =)

Valérie said...

wow, wonderful colors and card

Laetitia said...

Wow. This ornament is wonderful. I never tried shaker cards, but the more I see them, the more I want to try. I really like all the glitter you added with the snowflakes too. Thank you for sharing.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is just gorgeous Jodi!! I love your brilliant design with the snowflakes and fun shaker ornament!! Too cute lady!! Brilliant job!! HUGS

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is adorable Jodi!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Fabulous ornament Jodi! Would look great on my tree. HeeHee! Love it! ~jeni :)

SemSee said...

Another WOW project! This is STUNNING Jodi! I love the colours you've used! This is going to look amazing on your tree! Hugs, Sem x

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. TFS.

jan farnworth said...

you did a great job on this project.

Gerda said...

love it. there is nothing more to say, this project is just too cute!!!

Bobbi said...

What a cute image and I love your card. I am going to go find instructions for shaker cards. TFS

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Fantastic creation wit hsuch a gorgeous image.

Hugs Ali x

Renkata said...

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi........ dear this ornament is FAB!
Such a great project and very nice idea for a gift too.

Mimi said...

Adorable ornament Jodi! The image is so super cute and love the shaker effect! Perfect details to make this so pretty! ;)

angelique (anlou) said...

hi jodi
amazing shaker ornament hun
just love the image
i would love to win her
so i leave now, but see you sweetie
hugs angelique

Lori said...

How stinkin cute is that...love it.

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it!

dmbennett said...

Oh my, she is soo cute. I love it. And your cards is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Gina L said...

I love the idea of adding the colored beads to the shaker box. What an adorable image, too. Great ornament!

Kathi said...

Wow, this is such a super cute creation you made, I love it!!!
XX Kathi

CraftinGranny said...

I would never have thought to use a shaker for an ornament. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. I'm getting this image one way or another......lol "Hugs" Carol

sharman said...

I don't care who or how she is colored....I love her!!!!!!! Great job. Wonderfully done.....

Kelly Schelske said...

She's adorable Jodi! Love the shaker!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Super stunning creation!!

Janelle said...

Red and pink is such a vibrant color combination for this card. Great idea to turn her into an ornament.

Kim Y. said...

This is gorgeous, Jodi!

Donna said...

Hi Jodi,
I LOVE your ornament! "Merry Sledding" is sooo cute, and I love the way you've colored her and created a shaker ornament. Just Precious!
Donna G

Brook said...

Beautiful ornament. What a great idea!

The Art Town said...

Hi there,
I would love to win a cute Merry Sledding stamp..Thank you.

It's a cute card.

Juls said...

wow!!! Just so fabulous and creative!! Love everything about it!! Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

this is so beautiful x

Dawn Edwards said...

Beautiful card!

Karina said...

Such a cute ornament you made with this sweet stamp. Happy 2nd Advent!
Hugs, Karina

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS