Thursday, November 11, 2010

Little Rapunzel

Hey there! I hope all of you are enjoying the Veteran's Day Holiday! The card I have created uses an adorable digital image from Elisabeth Bell's Digital Image Collection, called Little Rapunzel. I love that you can resize the images to what you are creating.
Lately I have been in the mood to create with big bows and various card techniques instead of the usual plain old square card. This time I decided on a gatefold card. They are really easy to create and a little interactive too.
When piecing my card together I wanted to be sure that the recipient of the card would have an easy time opening and closing it. So I decided to tie a bow on one end of the card and then just added a piece of velcro behind the scalloped circle. This will make it easier to open and close and will keep the big bow intact.
Then I added some pretty paper roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. This was a fun image to color and a fun card to make. Wishing you a great day!! Many thanks for your visit!! =)

28 comments:

lilavati said...

A beautiful card :)

Debbie said...

Stunning!!!

CraftyC said...

Hi Jodi, your card is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured. Love the girl. Not done a gatefold myself for years. Beautiful
Clairexx
ps Thanks for daniels bday card....

Lori said...

Beautiful colours, and that big bow is stunning, wonderfully amazing work Jodi!

Lia said...

beautiful card jodi, great coloring
hugs lia

Cheryl said...

WOW spectacular....love your vibrant colouring!!!
Hugs xx

Lana said...

Such a beautiful card Jodie and the ribbon and bow finish it off perfectly!
Lana x

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jodi,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Renkata said...

This image is so precious like your card. Amazing design and the ribbon is lush.

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! So pretty!

*Vicki* said...

I was drooling over at the DT blog!! :) This is so gorgeous lady!! Love your coloring choices and the yummy flowers!! Rapunzel never looked any more sweet!! HUGS

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Gorgeous card Jodi! Great idea with the velcro ~jeni :)

Amy said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card!! I adore the colors. I can't stop looking at it. Thanks for sharing!!

Marlene said...

Such a beautiful card! That big bow totally MAKES it, too! WOW!

Dora said...

OMG this is a fantastic card. Love that bow and how the card opens up xx

Anne said...

This is all over georgeus!

jgaffneycards said...

beautiful card, i love the image, shes lovely, coloured in beautifully, love the layout too, and the roses,

Jenny :)

Maria Therese said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!!

Denise said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! See you soon... :)
Hugs,
Denise

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Stunning card Jodi, so beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Shirley N said...

Just stunning Jodi! I'm in love with your coloring!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

She's so beautiful Jodi!

Anneke said...

Beautiful card Jodi!
Hugs Anneke

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

GORGEOUS Jodi! LOVE that big ribbon and the flowers!!!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

jonaks said...

this is really a lovely card!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Jodi and wonderful cute image.
luv
Debby

Sueli Pinheiro said...

I loved their stamps. How can I purchase them?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS