Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Digital Paper Piecing

It's Tuesday and that means it's time for a new challenge with Sassy Cheryl! This week the challenge is to do some paper piecing on your image. This was my first time doing paper piecing with a digital image. I thought it was going to be a little difficult but it really is SO easy. Here's the card I created using the digital image called Fat Round Snowman.
I paper pieced his sweater and colored in the rest of the image. Since it was my first time doing paper piecing with a digital image, I was trying to come up with the best way to save paper and to utilize things better. The first thing I did was choose the printed paper I wanted to use, then my white cardstock. I took the printed paper and taped it to the bottom half of the white cardstock, then placed it in the printer tray. So, when you are ready to print, you'll have one printed on white cardstock and the other printed on printed designer paper.
Then I just remove the printed paper from the white cardstock and cut that out. That's it, easy right? Hope that helps and makes sense.
Should you join us for the challenge, you will have until next week Monday October 11th.

15 comments:

Kristel said...

Also a gorgeous card Jodi! Love the Snowman!!
Hugs Kristel

Cheryl said...

This card is beautiful Jodi. I love the glitter on his wings and the snowflakes are perfect for this card. love it.

Dawn said...

I love this fat little guy...so cute Jodi!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

He is so adorable with all his sparkle! Beautiful card! ~jeni :)

Anne said...

Oh, this is stunning!
I love the colors and contrasts, and the image is just beautiful. :)

Hugs.

Danni said...

Adorable and fun card! I still haven't tried paper piecing with digis yet....might have to soon!

joni h said...

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi...I don't know how you do it, but ALL your creations are over the top gorgeous! Yup, you're my inked inspiration!! Have a spectacular day!

Cathy said...

Jodi, you have created another stunning card. Love the colors and your paper piecing is perfect. Great Challenge card!!!

Juls said...

too cute!! Love the colourful snowflakes! Hugs juls

Debbie said...

What an adorable snowman

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Jodi, our fat snowmen look like twins LOL.

Jackie :)

Cyndi said...

fabulous! love all the detail and paper piecing!

jkreucher said...

perfect little guy to paper piece! what a fun card!
Hugs
Judy

donna mikasa said...

Clever paper piecing! After reading how you ran your papers through the printer, I feel like such a "waster"! Love that fat snowman--too cute!

Ann English said...

Cutie patootie! Wonderful, festive card- love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS