Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Business/Vacation to Cali

Hello blogland!! It really seems like a looooong time since I have posted anything!! Well, for those of you who didn't know, I was away for business, giving a presentation and also added a couple of days in there for vacation. My presentation went well, and so did my vacation.
Everyday was a very full day, as my hubby and I tried to make the most of it.
So, here are a couple of pictures that I'd like to share with all of you.
This first one is of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I remember coming here as a child and now revisited it again. While we were here, we also managed to take a stroll down Fisherman's Wharf to have some yummy clam chowder!! I forgot to take a picture of what we ate!!
Hubby and I also took a drive down to Monterey and a quaint town called Carmel. I love that town, so cozy, very cool and crisp air!! It will definitely be a pretty town during Christmas.
The photo below is of the beach in Monterey on our journey through 17-mile Drive. The drive is really a 17 mile drive but it seems much longer.
All of the days we were there were just beautiful!! I loved the weather in San Fran and Monterey. I would love to visit there and Carmel during the holidays. For the business part of the trip we stayed in Walnut Creek, and the weather there for a couple of days was 95 degrees!! Yikes!! Not as hot as I thought it would be though.
The beaches are very different from where I live (Hawaii), there wasn't much sun there, and the temperature was about 56 degrees.

I will share more photos as the week goes on. I hope all of you are doing well!
Thanks so much to all of you who have visited me while I was away.... now I have to get used to blogging again, my mind and body are still on vacation mode!! Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Tammy D said...

I'm glad everything went well. I understand about the trying to get back in the mode thing.

Janis said...

Welcome back Jodi! So glad to have you home safely. Glad to hear that your presentation went well. Love the beautiful photos.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful pics Jodi. So glad you had time to relax. ~jeni :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT getaway!! (= We vacationed in SF this summer! GREAT place to go!!

Renkata said...

Wow beautiful pics. Love the bridge pic.
Sound like you did have great time :)

Linda said...

Welcome back Jodi! Talk to you soon! xoxo, Linda

Cyndi said...

sounds like you had lots of fun! still want to go san fran!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Jodi! Glad you had a great business/vacation trip! We love San Fran...went there on our honeymoon and had some clam chowder, too! Welcome home...

Cardcorner by Yvonne said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had fun and that your presentation went so well!
hugs Yvonne

Poppet said...

Great pictures Jodi, glad you had a good time and everything went well. :-) xx

Brenda said...

beautiful pictures! i'm so glad that even though you were there for business that you were able to squeeze in some personal time too! take care!

Marlene said...

Gorgeous pics! Welcome back to bloggy land!

Kyoko said...

Glad you had a great time! Well deserved vacation sister! Welcome back!

Kristel said...

Looks amazing Jodi!!

Mimi said...

Hi Jodi! You picked the perfect week to come to the Bay Area! Today is the beginning of a weekend storm!! Lovely pics! ;)

Debbie said...

Welcome back...glad all went well although I've been to San Francisco, I've never taken that 17 mile drive,I've heard it is spectacular, must add that to by to do list.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS