Monday, September 27, 2010

Two Turtle Doves

This is my first post of the day, please scroll down for my first.
Welcome to a new challenge with Belles n' Whistles!! This week we are challenging you with a sketch. Here's what I created using an image called Two Turtle Doves. She was last year's Christmas stamp and is now available for purchase with the holidays fast approaching.


I've decided to color her up in pastels since I recall last year creating her in darker colors. When piecing the card together, I used my sewing machine to stitch some pink thread on all the panels and decided to try something different. I used my Martha Stewart Holly leaf punch and instead of creating berries for the center I used a red rose and added some stickles for sparkle.
You can probably see the pink stitching and rose clearer in this photo. You will have until next week Sunday to participate in the challenge, just be sure to use any stamp you find in the store and follow the sketch. Thanks so much for visiting me today!!

Supplies:
Stamp: Two Turtle Doves (Belles n' Whistles)
Paper: Kaisercraft DSP, Pear Pizzaz CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Red Satin Ribbon, dew drops, red pearls, sewing machine (pink thread), MS holly leaf punch, red paper roses, stickles

24 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet card Jodi!! I so love your coloring and the colors!! Awesome take on the sketch. What a sweet image!!
hugs,

Tammy D said...

Very sweet. Love the layout.

Marion said...

Fabulous card Jodi. Great sketch to follow and I love the colouring.
hugs
Marion

jules said...

love the card! beautiful!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Gorgeous card Jodi. I love the stitching around each layer. ~jeni :)

Dora said...

So beautiful, love the papers and your colouring is fantastic xxx

Lia said...

such a adorable card jodi I love the colors
hugs Lia

*Vicki* said...

Oh how I adore this Jodi!! Sweet image!! I love to put glitter on my rose flowers too!! They just seem to add something extra to it!! :) HUGS

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Jodi!! Your coloring is perfection as usual and I just LOVE the colors that you have used!!!
Sounds like you had fun with your niece!! That is so cute she wanted to share with you!!!
Hope you have a lovely week!
:)Kathy

Sassylassy said...

Jodi your card is adorable. I love this image and she's coloured in so beautifully!
Hugs Bonnie

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful card, as always Jodi!! I do love a sketch challenge, so I might have to join in this week! Marie xx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Jodi! Wonderful colouring and colours, fabulous layout and I love the pink stitching and gorgeous embellies! Hugs Delphine xx

Christina C. said...

Jodi, this image is stunning and you colored her magnificently. Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Such a beautiful card Jodi!
hugs
kim x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous Jodi!

Marley said...

Beautiful card! Love the design papers and the big bow! x Marley

Kristel said...

A gorgeous card Jodi! Looks really wonderfull dear!
Hugs Kristel

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Super sweet and so wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jodi,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Shelby Goolsby said...

Such a cute card. I love your holly berries and your coloring is just lovely.

Monique said...

so cute Jodi.. Love this image and the big red bow.. Your coloring is fantastic !!Hugs

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Jodi.
luv
Debby

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS