Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time to Relax

I hope all of you are enjoying this nice three day weekend! I am having a great weekend, finally getting some good crafting time which is so relaxing for me. Speaking of relaxing, this stamp that I used for my card today just reminds me that I haven't gone to see the sunset for a few months now. It's a really beautiful time of day. The name of the stamp is called Sunset and can be found at I Brake For Stamps.
It was a bit difficult for me to color this image, I didn't really plan the colors out to my liking but once I started coloring I just decided to go with it. Since I wanted the focal point of my card to be the stamp, I went for a simple background and minimal embellishments.
Don't forget that you can save big on your purchases with I Brake for Stamps, all you need to do is use this code: SAVE10JODI when you checkout!! I've got one more post today, please scroll down to see that, thanks so much for stopping by!

23 comments:

fi's cards and crafts said...

wow what a stunning card!!!!

fi
x

Kathyk said...

I agree - it's a smasher

Kathyk

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the coloring. I want to go sailing into the sunset!

Jennifer

Debbie said...

Oh Jodi..this is magnificent. Perfect colors even though you didn't like them at first, they worked well together and the simple background is perfect so I must say you definatley rocked this. You also must see some beautiful sunsets where you are so you had some beautiful inspiration.

Renkata said...

Beautiful Sunset, your card make me wish to be there...ohhhh so gorgeous details.

Martinas Welt said...

Jodi,
I love the colours you have used and the card looks great! Ah...dreaming of a day at the beach hearing the waves...ahh...hm...here it is already cold and you can smell autumn in the air. We had only a few degrees last night....brrr.
Martina

LINDA said...

OH Jodi, This is simply gorgeous.. your coloring is just perfect.. Love it!!Very lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Rita said...

Gorgeous...makes me wish I was in that picture!!!

Brenda said...

This is such a perfect card of what I feel like doing today! Hope you're enjoying your nice long weekend too!

Heather said...

It's beautiful!! Even if you didn't plan it out..

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Jodi.

Hugs Riet.xx

martina's kaartjes said...

What a pretty card !! Love the lay-out and colours !!
greetings, martina
x

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is wonderful hun,gosh the coulrs wow hugs cheryl xxx

Kim Y. said...

This is beautiful, Jodi!

Janis said...

I love this card! You are so versatile. TFS!

Denise said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love this card....so relaxing, it reminds me of the North Shore, may favorite place to be :)
Hugs,
Denise

claudia761 said...

Your card is gorgeous!!

LG
claudia761

Kristel said...

Woww a wonderfull card Jodi! Love the scenery!
Hugs kristel

Cyndi said...

beautifully colored card! haven't seen the sunset in awhile either!

Miranda said...

Wow what a beautiful card!
Hugs Miranda

Marlene said...

Wow - this is really beautiful!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Wow! It may not have turned out how you planned but this is stunning Jodi! ~jeni :)

Tammi said...

It ended up gorgeous with all those colors, I wish I was there!! I kind of was, but up in the mountains with pine trees instead of palm! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS