Monday, August 2, 2010

Tutorial: Stamp Storage for CC Designs Kits

This is my second post today, Please scroll down for the first one!!
I know there are many of you out there who are looking for ways to store your stamps and to label them for easy identification. So, I thought I'd share with you on how I store my stamp kits.
First I purchased these tins that you can find at All That Scraps. They are deep enough to hold an entire kit of stamps from either the Swiss Pixies, Sugarplums stamps or any CC Designs stamps.
Then I used a clear envelope that's the size of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", and added strong double sided tape to all 4 edges.
Next, adhere the plastic envelope to the top cover of the tin. Be sure to press down on all sides.
Here is the entire Halloween Kit from 2009, they all fit nicely. The lid does not touch the stamps so they don't get smashed.
The photo below is the finished product. What I did was create a card using a stamp from the set and slid the card in the plastic envelope for easy identification.
The fun thing I love about this is that you can create a card, and keep it in the plastic envelope until you get tired of it, OR if you need a card then you can use this one and create another and replace it.
Here is what the card looks like against the tin. It's not too high after adding some embellishments.
I then labelled the spine of the tin with the name and year of the kit. This way you can see what's in the kit if you have a bunch of them all lined up against each other.
Here's the card all completed. She is one of my favorite images from the set, this adorable image is Cow Emma.
I hope that you found this way of storing your stamps to be helpful.
Thanks for stopping by!!

36 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

What a fab idea! And of course, it's a beautiful card :0) If I've never told you I love your blog for many reasons, but I have to say that scrolling down every morning looking at pics of Rob makes me day! It's like coffee...but hotter ;0)

Lia said...

hi jodi,
a great matchbook you made I love the digi
hugs lia

Marley said...

Wow! how easy is that.. and it looks beautiful with the card on top! thanks for sharing xx Marley

Marley said...

Wow! how easy is that.. and it looks beautiful with the card on top! thanks for sharing xx Marley

martina's kaartjes said...

Great idea, love it ! I like the colours you used !
Greetings, Martina
http://martinaskaartjes.blogspot.com/

Country Mouse said...

Great idea...thanks for sharing!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

What a FAB Idea and I LOOOOOOOVE that halloween card!! GORGEOUS Jodi!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute and a great idea! Thanks

Cheryl said...

Love this idea. I'm always looking for new ways to store my stamps.

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE LVOE this idea Jodi....EEEEEK she is sooooo cute!!!

Becky said...

what an awesome idea Jodi, and beautiful card.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Clever idea Jodi! Love that adorable Halloween card. ~jeni :)

bernietom47 said...

What a great idea. Practical and looks fantstic. TFS
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

MARY B said...

What a super idea I have tried all sorts of storage. Might give this a go. I love the card too. Mary x

JAN said...

wow i just adore the way you have JAZZED up your tins into something quite magical..and practical too fab hugs Jan

Tenia Nelson said...

Way cool!!

Maria Therese said...

Awsome storage!!

Renkata said...

Hi Jodi,
that is really very clever idea.

Cheryl said...

oh wow fab idea,and such a stunning make,hugs cheryl xx

Kerri said...

What a fantastic idea, Jodi!!! Thanks for the great tip! That card is soooooo CUTE!!! ACK, I just love that image and your amazing coloring:)

Kris said...

Awesome tutorial Jodi!! and TFS this wonderful idea... it's so cute!

Joy said...

what a fabulous creation and idea! love what you did...you think you can come to my house and do all my stamps too? lol! love the card you created. she is so cute! have a good day!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Jodi,

What an amazing way to store this!! Beautiful! And such a good idea that you can also use this card, if you need a card, hihi and you can just make a wonderful new one! I like it a lot!! Didn't see the tins yet in the store you mentioned, but don't know even if they ship to the Netherlands. Maybe I'll find them somewhere, I love them, they are wonderful tins! Love all kinds of tins, maybe you saw on the pics of my scrap place, hi hi! Love this, Jodi and also the cards in the post under this one, hi hi, that crab is funny! And love the notebook!!! Very pretty made by you! You are so creative!!!

Hugs, Wendy

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Jodi, loving the image, your design and colour’s are superb.Thanksa for the tip with the tins and funny thing is I just bought some, so glad I popped round

Hugs Linda

Jenny V. said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea. Love the card you created, esp. with those spiderweb. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Tammy said...

What a great idea for storage!! Your card is adorable..and it's colored beautifully!!
Hugs, Tammy

Aussie Loz said...

Great idea Jodi! Love the clear pocket for a card on the front. These are definitly more space saving than my current storge... thanks! :)

Sparkle said...

This is darling!

Rufus said...

Great idea and I love the card!
R/

joni h said...

Soooo cool! Thx for the toot (tutorial)!
Love the card & your coloring...WOW! At first glance, it looked as tho' Cow Emma was in a tent card & 3D!
Love that spider web accents! Cool! (oh! I said "cool" 2x)

Cami said...

Excellent idea Jodi! I love that Halloween card with Cow Emma. So pretty! Well, you know where I'll be heading to get organized! Cami

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Jodi,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

mycardz said...

Wow, awesome idea! And the design of the cover is gorgeous! I love how you inked the background. Thanks for all the hard work on this tutorial!

Christiana said...

Great tip for unmounted rubber stamp storage! I don't have any yet, but I'm very close to buying some, so this helped a lot! Thanks!

Kim Y. said...

Cool idea, Jodi! Thanks for sharing!

donna mikasa said...

Wow....how fabbie is this? Even an empty tin would make a great gift!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS