Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Sassy Birthday!

Did you enjoy the 4th of July weekend and get to see the fireworks? I had a great weekend, and managed to get quite a bit of things done and made time to see the fireworks too! I wish there were more 3 day weekends in the year. Well, it's time for a new challenge with Sassy Cheryl, and this week we are creating cards with a sketch that you can find on the blog HERE.
Since July is my birth month, I chose an image called A Load of Cake. It really is a load of cake!! I love chocolate over vanilla, and pink is my favorite color so, I colored the cake just the way I like it.
When piecing the card together, and referring to the sketch, I immediately thought of using these beautiful flowers created from ribbon. They were created by my dear, sweet friend Cami! She had made me just about every color in the rainbow, thank you so much Cami, I love them all and they look just beautiful when used on a card!!
Here's a close up of them. I hope that you will join us for the challenge this week, be sure to check out the rest of the DT creations on the challenge blog.
There will be a surprise for all of you on Thursday that you really will not want to miss, so I hope you will stop by for it!! Have a great day!!

29 comments:

Andrea said...

really really really cool card x

Stressed Stamper said...

fab - love it - great colouring in - and i love this Sassy image

Ann English said...

Fabulous card-and happy birthday month! Making the cake your favorite-as it should be! Looks mighty tasty! Wonderful colors!

Dawn said...

Jodi...YUM! colored to perfection too!!!

Cheryl said...

OHHHH. . .Chocolate! This is stunning Jodi. Always beautiful.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

I absolutely LOVE this Jodi! FAB image and coloring and those flowers are DARLING!!! Did you not LOVE Eclipse? I saw it twice so far...and want to go again!!

Berenice R. said...

So sweet card! Your coloring is awesome TFS :)

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Ooooh! I love the different patterns you used. Beautiful card. ~jeni :)

Marlene said...

What a FUN card - and the coloring is IMPRESSIVE as heck!!!! LOVE this!

Crystal said...

EEEEKKKK SOOOOOO FAB Jodi!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card and awsome coloring!!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card and awsome coloring!

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, adore the image, my kinda cake too :)
Lovely papers and colours.
Kelly.x

LINDA said...

This is just fantastic.. Fab coloring and I love the colors..So yummy.. Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

jkreucher said...

Hi Jodi! this couldn't be more yummmmmy! how fun to have these flowers in all colors..
love it.
Hugs
Judy

Sparkle said...

Such a fabulous card!

Cindy Haffner said...

WICKED SWEET!!

Linda said...

This is so sweet! I love that image and the way you colored it.

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

what a cute image and a great card :)

Cathy said...

Jodi--gorgeous as always. Love the colors and the dp is awesome!!!

Cami said...

Mmmmmm, that cake looks so yummy-licious! Fab coloring again, Jodi! You're one awesome gal with over the top coloring skills. Have a wonderful birthday month! I know you'll be celebrating alot! Hugs, Cami

Risa said...

What a beautiful birthday card Jodi! Your coloring is amazing and I adore the flowers made by Cami..how cute!!
hugs
Risa:)

Renkata said...

Gorgeous and sweet:)
great flowers and details.

Dunja said...

This card is wonderful. I like your work and the brilliant colouring.

Friendly Regards
Dunja

Tammi said...

CUTE! Love that big cake on her head and Mmmm...great colors! Those flowers are amazing, so sweet of Cami!

ellabella said...

Wooowww so cute card. Love the flowers!!! Sweet image!!!
Janine

Nicki (LittleTed) said...

Very pretty card, those papers are beautiful and your image is gorgeous.

Nicki, x

alina said...

Lovely card, Jodi, beautifully coloured!
Hugs, Alina

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS