Thursday, July 1, 2010

For The Birds

Well, can you believe we are already in the month of July? July sure came quick!
Before I get on with my post, I must say that Eclipse was a GREAT movie!! I LOVED it!!Both Edward and Jacob looked even better than the first 2 movies, which makes it hard to choose who you like better...especially for those who need to be on Team Edward or Team Jacob.
I really need to see this movie again before it comes out on DVD!! I really want to get into the details of the movie but don't want to ruin it for those of you who have not seen it yet. But, if you'd really like more details on it, we will be updating the Pocket Edward blog soon!!


It's the 1st of the month and that means it's time for a NEW challenge with Copic Creations!! This week our sponsor is Tiffany of Tiffany Doodles. She provided the DT images of birds.
The image I chose is called Red Bird. I've never colored a bird that had realistic features, I usually color the more "cute" type. So, I was really nervous coloring this image but think that he turned out ok. I love a challenge!
When piecing my card together I wanted to be sure the image stood out well so I used papers and embellishments that were not at all red. I was able to find neutral colors in various shades of brown. Last but not least, I airbrushed the sky.
I hope you will join us for the challenge, you will have until July 14th to participate!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Head on over to Andrea's blog, she is giving away some awesome candy!!

28 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jodi! Wow! This cardinal is so smooth!! Is he airbrushed? The coloring is fantastic! I'm honored that you made my little digi look so real!!

Chelsea said...

Hi Jodi,
You are so cute..."he turned out ok" lol. He is GORGEOUS! Look so life like! I don't know how you do it with these Copics...amazing!
Luv,
Chelsea

Andrea said...

Jodi! This is gorgeous! It looks like you painted him. I actually thought that it was one of those premade things. Gorgeous!

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! Just gorgeous!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Stunning! The coloring on the cardinal is amazing ~jeni :)

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Jodi. Your colouring of the Cardinal is beautiful and the colours you have chosen to go with it are perfect. :-) xx

TraceyJean said...

Oh my word! You coloured that? I thought you were going to say the bird was a printed image. It looks so lifelike! Amazing work...

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Jodi,So beautiful card,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

mycardz said...

You are so funny - he's definitely more than OK woman! He's gorgeous!! Your blending and shading are phenominal! Just gorgeous Jodi! hugz, Mary

Maria Therese said...

Love your coloring!

Shirley N said...

He is just stunning, I can even see his feathers, he's so gorgeous! Your coloring just blows me away Jodi!!!

Tammi said...

Gorgeous bird and card Jodi! I saw Eclipse yesterday and LOVED it!!! Much better than the last 2, I'm Team Edward all the way, but I actually felt for Jacob in this one (just a little though, lol). I hope to see it again this next week! I didn't say that about the last 2 movies. ;) ~hugs

Michelle VP said...

Your bird is wonderful! I love how real the red shading looks and how it stands out against the brown background. :)

Joy said...

WOW! you really made that bird come to life! this came out so pretty and I love your red! hope you had a wonderful week! TFS and keep it up Jodi!

Kristin said...

You managed PERFECTLY!
It's awesome! :D

Crystal said...

WOWZA Jodi this is GORGEOUS!!!!! You really know how to make an image come alive gf!!!! Beautiful work!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Jodi, your card is strikingly gorgeous. Those browns behind that beautifully colored red cardinal against the blue - wow! Well done, girl! Glad you liked Eclipse. I'm sure we'll be seeing it soon.

Lilian said...

WOW WOW WOW Jodi! The redbird is just AMAZING! Love your gorgeous coloring and it looks so lifelike! You shouldn't have been nervous. ;)

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

You did an awesome job on this beautiful bird. It actually looks real. I really have a hard time using copic reds. You make it look so easy. Gorgeous...

bobbi

Pops x said...

Jodi, this is awesome, your colouring is perfect, love it, hugs Pops xs

Annika said...

Oh MY!!
I feel so inferior!!!
Absolutely stunning colouring!
Hugs
Annika

Ann-Marie said...

Simply gorgeous card absolutely stunning colouring. Haven't seen the new movie yet. When I watched Twilight I was all for Edward and then with New Moon I'm afraid I switched to Jacob so with the new film its anyones guess as to whose camp I will be in!!!! Take care Ann-Marie xxx

Risa said...

Wow...what a stunning card Jodi! Your coloring is amazing! I can't get over how realistic your image looks!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Barb said...

Truly amazing work!

Debbie said...

I haven't had the time to peek lately, nor play, but I am so glad I took a peek today, this is absolutely stunning I feel like the cardinal is living and breathing as we speak. Your attention to detail is unbelievable. You captured nature perfectly

Jessica T said...

You're colouring is awesome! Love this card it is simply fabulous xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wow, impressive!!! What a wonderful bird, really impressive colors and looks very real! I love it that you kept the rest of the card in shades of brown, so all the attention goes to the bird! Love it!!

Wendy

joni h said...

Dang, girl! This bird looks REAL! OW! My jaw hurts from hitting the floor!! I'm not sure which is the best...your Wizard or this pretty red bird!!! You're awesome!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS