Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Smile for Summer!!

Hi All!! Those of you who read my blog will already know that I just love the Twilight Saga and just had to see the midnight showing of Eclipse!! So, this post will be going up at midnight Hawaii time which means I will have to tell you in my next post just how terrific this movie is. I imagine that it will be awesome!!
Well, it's Wednesday and that means we have a new challenge with All That Scraps!! This week we want to see you create a box in a bag!
One of the great things I love about these challenges is that I have never created one of these and have always wanted to. So, here's the very first one! The image I used is from the latest line of stamps from C.C. Designs called Honey, and this image is Summer. She is currently available in the store for you to purchase.
This photo was taken just to show you that I added some crystal lacquer to the inner tube that she sits in. To add a little decoration to the bottom of the bag I used some dew drops in various colors just to match the bag. The one thing I wanted to do was make the bag look as if it were a beach bag. So I added a couple of opened circles to the very top for handles. Do you think it looks like a beach bag? I hope so, oh well. I hope you will join in on the fun, I can't wait to see what all of you will make with these adorable stamps from All That Scraps!!

26 comments:

joey said...

Hiya Jodi

oh my gosh how was it how was it?! lol. Fantastic creation I absolutely love your colourwork :O)

Joey.xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

This is SO adorable, love the retro looking circle handle you added, wonderful project!

chrilvian said...

bjoetifoel
i like it

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is so cute and stunning coulrs too hugs cheryl x

Juls said...

fabulous and creative! Hugs Juls

Dawn B. said...

Awww this is adorable... I love the colors.. I can't wait to hear how you liked the movie.. I loved the other ones.. Great job.

Becky said...

Jodi this is adorable, I just love it.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

This is absolutely fabulous!! ~jeni

Poppet said...

Great project Jodi, the circle handles look great. The glossy on the ring really shows up well. Hope the film lived up to expectations. :-) xx

Jenny said...

Cute idea to make it into a beach bag! Hope you enjoyed Eclipse!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

OMGosh!! This is just TOO CUTE!!!

Kris said...

Fantastic creation!!! it's adorable!

joni h said...

Great bag! Love the handles! Love the coloring! Sooo awesome!

Shirley N said...

Love your fab creation, Jodi! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love how you used the crystal lacquer on her tube!

Riet said...

So beautiful Jodi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Angelwood said...

Hi Jodi! Fabulous project! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love this adorable girl! I will have to try this one!

ps. Hope Eclipse has lived up to expectation!? Can't wait to see it too! hugs, Angela

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is fab Jodi! Love the shape of the bag and such a great image and love the colours too.
Kelly.x

Danni said...

Awww, such a cute little project!

Marlene said...

Gorgeous coloring, AGAIN! :)

Hope you enjoyed Eclipse as much as I did!

mst822 said...

Fab bag project, Jodi! Luv those colors! Wasn't Eclipse GREAT! I totally enjoyed it & I hope you did too!
Tammy

Kim Y. said...

Cool bag, Jodi!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is wonderful and adorable too.
luv
Debby

mycardz said...

Just adorable Jodi! I love this image and you've really brought her to life. Love the papers you used too! Another perfect project! hugz, me

Pops x said...

This is just adorable, love the super sweet image, hugs Pops x

Cami said...

Great take on this box in a bag, Jodi! Love that circle handle you put on...really cool. The DPs so pretty and it does make great goodie bags. That little "Summer" gal is so precious. I think I'll get her next. Love your project, as always Jodi, with your beautiful coloring! Hugs, Cami

sweet craf-tea chick said...

too cute, jodi! love that little girl. thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS