Monday, June 28, 2010

Seeing Red?

How was your weekend, I hope a fun, relaxing but productive one? I had a great weekend and was able to get the house work done, spent some time with family and friends and managed to get some crafting done too!!
It's a brand new week and a new challenge with Belles n' Whistles! This week the challenge is for you to us the color RED. It can be a little or a lot. Red used to be my favorite color, and is every now and then.
Here's the card I came up with. The image I used is called Lil Miss Poppy. She was one of the very first images that started Belles n' Whistles. Isn't she adorable! One thing that I have been trying to do more is to create with sewing on my card. I have done some of that here and there and hope to do more with my future creations.
I kept this card pretty simple and just added some flowers and embellishments to complement the colors of the card. I have added some pretty paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, dew drops and a white satin ribbon. I hope you will join us for the challenge, you will have until Sunday July 4th to participate and have a chance to win the prize. Be sure to check out what the rest of the DT did on the blog. Have a great Monday!!

23 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!!

Jessie said...

Love the colours Jodi, super sweet card!

Andrea said...

I love the colour red, this is really pretty x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card! The image is coloured beautifully Jodi! xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Hard colour to work with - you have done a great job

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love your stitching.

Crystal said...

stunning work sweetie, I LOVE the colors and that image is a beauty!!! OOOOO I love your stitching!!!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dora said...

I love red too, and your stitching is fabulous xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh I love your card so very sweet and beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a beautiful red card, wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

crazymomma said...

Fabulous!!

Poppet said...

She's gorgeous. She looks like she has just seen something exciting. I love the red and brown, it's not a colour combo I've seen together like this. Beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Jodi this is absolutely stunning what a beautiful creation I adore the colours, flowers and the image is adorable I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim Y. said...

I see red...hehe Gorgeous!

Kerri said...

What a gorgeous creation, girl! I think the stitching adds so much and the colors are beautiful!

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi!

LOVE IT ... red is one of FAV colors! Bella says HI to Sophie!!

debby4000 said...

Oh how adorable Jodi, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Fabulous card! I love RED!!! ~jeni :)

Mary Lou said...

My oh my~~this is stunning!! Great rich colors and Miss Poppy is delectably gorgeous!!!
Blessings

Rosie said...

Just love this card Jodi. The beautiful image, and all the lovely details you have added including the sewing. Rosie x

Elise said...

Oh gosh Jodi! This is sooo STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS! The vibrancy of your coloring is FANTASTIC! You never fail to amaze me with the BEAUTY of your cards!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Chelsea said...

Ahhh Jodi,
This is super sweet!
Loving the Red and black combo.
and the sewing...wow! So pretty.
Luv,
Chelsea

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS