Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy For Hanglars!!

I can't believe the weekend is almost here!! It has really been a long week for me thus far. I have a ton of things that need to get done and share with all of you before the reveal day! Yes, there are sneak peeks coming up for July, so stay tuned!! =)
I'm pretty happy today to share with you a card that I made using one of my Hanglar stamps for the new challenge blog called Lovely Hanglar Only!The challenge is to create a Shabby look to your creation. So, here's what I came up with. I really didn't want to create a very "busy" looking card so kept it simple and used some very pretty lace that I just received from my very sweet and dear friend Cami!! It was perfect timing when I received it because I was piecing this card together. She had sent me such pretty lace and gorgeous ribbons which I will be using for future cards and projects, thank you sooo much Cami, I love them all!!
For me, this time I wanted my shabby card to be of soft and subtle shades of pinks, greens, and browns. This is my second time tying several knots in the ribbon for decoration. It seems to work ok, I like trying different techniques and styles. I hope you are having a great day and enjoying the Summer sun!!

25 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful colouring in and layout

Andrea said...

very cute x

Annika said...

Loving the knotted ribbon! Marvelous colouring as always!
Hugs
Annika

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Lovely card! Very shabby chic. Beautiful coloring ~jeni :)

Becky said...

What a stunning card, your coloring is fabulous and I just love how yo did this ribbon.

Danni said...

Very sweet card!

Maria Therese said...

I really love the soft colors you've used here and the stamp is so perfect colored!!

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi this is SWEEET I love how you did your ribbon and your fabby lace girl!! BEAUTIFUL!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow jodi! absolutely stunning! love that ribbon!!!

Rosie said...

Jodi a stunning card. Love the lace addition and the ribbon with knots is such a great embellishment. Rosie x

Islander Girl said...

Oooh this is so pretty and girlie!!! You do such cute work!!

Hope you're doing well Jodi!

Jen said...

Jodi Ann Lee!!! I miss you!! Love your Shabby Look on this card, I will try and sneak some time to create for this challenge. Gosh, sooo many images out there that I want to have of. LOL!! Thanks for popping in on me, miss talking n' laughing with you. How's the Mister?! Miss you both. When you gonna come to church with me so we can laugh n' giggle together? Let me know if you wanna come n' check it out.

Big Hugs, Jen

Juls said...

so adorable!! Just LOVE how you have used the ribbon! Hugs Juls

Ilona said...

Very cute and beautiful colours.

Thank you for playing with us at the LHO Challenge.

Best wishes
Ilona

Joy said...

awe...such a cute hanglar image! wish they sold them here! you did a fabulous job on the card and I am loving your coloring...ALWAYS!!! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Mina said...

stunning Jodi, I love your ribbon and the way you knotted it...beautiful hAnglar and shabby chic look...oooohhhh sneak peek yum yum
Mina xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Jodi just the PRETTIEST and SWEETEST ever!!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,gorgeous details and colouring!!!
Hugs xx

Tammi said...

Pretty colors, gorgeous card Jodi!! Love that your using those stamps! :) ~hugs

Cyndi said...

very pretty! love the soft colors and cute image!

Cami said...

Beautiful hAnglar card, Jodi! I'm falling in love with them, too! That knotted ribbon on the side is a very nice touch and your coloring is always so beautiful! I love everything about your card and can't wait to see more H&S cards! Hugs, Cami

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jodi,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Iris said...

Jodi this is a beautiful creation and I adore your coloring :-)
Thanks for playing again with us at LHO challenges!

Hugs,
Iris

Teri said...

This is such a sweet card Jodi! Jus' like you! Sweet!! Love the Hanglar and I'm gonna have to check out that link!! xoxo

Rita said...

Wow this is a stunner! I luv what you did with the ribbon...looks fantastic!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS