Saturday, May 1, 2010

Think Outside of the Box

Do you LOVE a challenge? Well, I've got a challenge for you!! Today is the first of the month and that means it's time for a NEW Copic Creations Challenge! For this challenge we want to see you use your copic pens on anything other than paper. Sound like fun? Well, here's what I did. I decided to color on fabric and make a curtain for my niece's Doll House.
I felt that the best images to use would be something cute and sweet, so I chose a few Anya images from The Greeting Farm. I had to choose a fabric that was rather thin and light because it was easier to pull the curtain open and closed.
Here is a close up of one of the images and what it looks like after colored with copics. I was rather pleased that although this fabric was thin, it was able to hold a good amount of ink. Once before, I had stamped on towels and washed them. The color will fade after a couple of washes but it was fun to color and create!

This challenge is being sponsored by MARIANNE WALKER, and she is giving the winner a set of 12 Copic Ciao Markers!! What an awesome prize!! You will have until May 14th to participate!
For more information and inspiration, visit the Copic Creations Challenge blog!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic Jodi. What a brilliant idea - it's beautiful.
Clare x

Tammi said...

Looks amazing, what a fun & cute idea!

Crystal said...

Oh my Jodi what an AWESOME idea girl...This is fabulous!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Jodi this is awesome! Your neice is going to LOVE it! I hope you get to take a picture of the shade on the the dollhouse so we can see it all together! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Shirley N said...

Your niece is so lucky, she is going to be thrilled Jodi! Can you show us a pic of her doll house one day? Have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

That is such a great idea! Your niece must have loved it!

Juls said...

wow such a gorgeous idea!! Love it! Hugs Juls

Cyndi said...

wow! that is so awesome! very well done!

Teri said...

What a cool idea! Love the curtains! Was it hard to color?

1LuvnMama said...

This is thinking outside of the box and what a neat idea to make a curtain! I'm shocked . . . the copics didn't run on the material! :)

Cami said...

Well, Jodi, how wonderful is this to stamp these to make a curtain for your niece's dollhouse! She must be so happy! It came out so nice! Aaahhhh, I bet you'll be doing the curtains in your craft room huh? I can't get over how nice the colors came out! So creative! Hugs, Cami

Hanne said...

This is fantastic! Fabulous idea!
Hanne

Marlene said...

Wow - that turned out really nicely!

Angelwood said...

What a brilliant idea! That is awesome! :o) hugs, Angela

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS