Friday, May 21, 2010

Shake It Up!!

This is my second post today, please scroll down for my first post.
I'm back again and this time I am sharing a card using one of my most favorite stamps!! Is she adorable or what? You love her too right? This is a stamp from Belles n' Whistles called
Beary Big Hugs!!
When I first began rubber stamping (which is a long time ago...LOL!) I used to create tons of cards that were shaker cards. A shaker card is one that has all kinds of little embellishments that fit into a mini frame. This frame will also hold your stamped image. There are so many different ways to create a shaker card. I do have a tutorial on creating them and you can find that HERE, and HERE. I made this shaker using thick mounting tape for the frame.
Here is what it looks like from the side. Here you can see that I added some dew drops in various colors, glitter and some beads for texture and color.
A closer look at the image and embellishments in the shaker box. When referring to my tutorial please contact me if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help you!! =)
Each time I create a shaker card, it takes me back to those days when I was new to stamping.
If you have never made one before, you must!! I know you will love the results.
Speaking of Belles n' Whistles, be sure to check out the blog on Monday!! Something new and fun is on the way!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, wishing you a wonderful Friday!!

20 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Ao cute!!!

Crystal said...

AWWWW SWEEEEET Jodi LOVE the dew drops in the shaker...FABULOUS idea!!!!! What a pretty look!

Tammy D said...

I lvoe this stamp too. I've never made a shaker card. They intimate me. Maybe this summer I'll try one when things settle down.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

I LOVE this Jodi! This image is GORGEOUS and you know I adore your coloring! LOVE that you created a shaker too, and the dew drops are PERFECTION!!!

Marlene said...

I just commented over on the other blog, but I'll say the same thing here:

Wow - I love the shaker box thingy! How cool!! You know how to work with reds so well. Every time I see something you've done in reds, I can't believe how "rich" and vibrant it looks. BEAUTIFUL!!! EVERY TIME!

Angelwood said...

Love this, Jodi! Love the dew drops as your "shaker." Beautiful image and design! Gorgeous work! hugs, Angela

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love shaker cards and i've only made one in the years i've been crafting - go figure.

this is fabulous! and your 1st post is stunning!

Lysa said...

OH I ♥ this!!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET love your dew drops.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jodi,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shirley N said...

So very beautiful Jodi! One of these days I really have to try making a shaker card too. I love your image and your beautiful ribbon. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wow, this is really wonderful, so cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

Little K Smith said...

Fabulous card Jodi, love the colour combo and lush ribbon. Beautifully coloured image as always too.
Kelly.x

Joy said...

this image is too cute! love that you made it into a shaker! you know me...love it!!! you talk about the beginnings...when I first started, I made shakers without really knowing how...so I think all the beads are now gone from the shaker! hahaha!! have a good weekend Jodi!

Kelly Schelske said...

This too cute, love it Jodi!

1LuvnMama said...

Jodi~
I luv how you color this image especially in the reds! :) Gotta luv those shakers! Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Awesome shaker card.. I adore that image!!

Danni said...

So cute and how fun to have it be a shaker card!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Mimi said...

very cute! love the image and being a shaker card seems brings it to life! thanks for the tutorial! will definitely give it a try! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS