Monday, May 24, 2010

Flower Power

Remember I said there would be something new and fun for Monday? Well, today is the day and the surprise is a new challenge blog! Today begins the very first challenge for Belles n' Whistles stamps! This challenge will take place every other Monday, and in order for you to participate and be eligible for the prize you must use a Belles n' Whistles stamp.
Our first challenge is for you to create flowers. I know there are lots of you out there that make your flowers and we want to see them! The stamp I used for the challenge is called Twas the Night Before Christmas, it is my first time using this stamp and I just love how fun it was to color and create with. Since it was a Christmas stamp I decided to create some of my own poinsettia flowers. To create them I used my nestabilities (a.k.a. Spellbinders dies). This one is actually called poinsettia. I did a little distressing with my Stampin' Up ink, and sponged the edges. Then I punched out some yellow cardstock and added some dew drops over them to act as the center of my flower.
Now for the stamp, I wanted to give the chair a comfortable feel so I tried hard to make it look like it was soft and velvety. I'm not so sure if you can see what I was trying to achieve but I tried. LOL! Next, I wanted to give Santa's suit some softness so I added white fun flock to the sleeves of his jacket, his hat and the bottom of his pants. The last thing I added was the little cotton ball at the end of his hat. I also paper pieced the blanket that the children are using. I wanted to keep the theme of flowers so used a floral print.
Whew! That was quite a description...hope it was helpful to you. Now that you know about the challenge, there is also a wonderful prize up for grabs... If you participate you could be the proud owner of a $25 Gift Certificate!! How awesome and generous is that!!
I hope that you will join us for the challenge, I just can't wait to see how all of you create your own flowers!! Have a great day!

24 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

LOVE it - great strong santa colours used....

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love the sweet Christmas image.
luv
Debby

kimmie_35 said...

Oh, Wow!... I love this card, it's gorgeous!
Hugs
Kim
x

Evie said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation ~ so much detail! What a beautiful card.

Marlene said...

Wow - 'tis gorgeous! Love the cotton ball you added to Santa's hat - and paper piecing that blanket was PERFECT!

Jodie from Oz said...

stunning card Jodi, the image is gorgeous and your colouring is beautiful. hugs Jodie from Oz

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is the SWEETEST Jodi! LOVE this image and your gorgeous coloring!!!

Poppet said...

Your colouring is perfect Jodi, I could just curl up in the chair myself. I really like the blanket you have pieced it looks so snuggly. :-) xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a totally gorgeous card!
hugs
kim x

Deconstructing Jen said...

So cute Jodi! I love those big flowers and your coloring is just amazing! Hugs!

Maria Therese said...

Simply gorgeous card!!

Riet said...

Ohhhh Jodi,So beautiful card,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shirley N said...

Beautiful card Jodi, your coloring is gorgeous!

Little K Smith said...

Hi Jodi
Beautiful card, such an adorable image and yes the chair looks the comfiest! Gorgeous flowers and love the border punch too.
Kelly.x

Cheryl said...

wow just awesome hun hugs cheryl xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Jodi!! Love your adorable image, coloring and flowers. I wish I had time to play with the BNW challenge....Maybe...
hugs,
Chris

1LuvnMama said...

Oh those poinsettias are gorgeous! :) I just luv seeing your Christmas cards all year long! :)

Joy said...

such a cute card! love what you did and your flower is wonderful! thanks for letting us know about the new challenge. if I can get my butt into gear, maybe I can try one! hahaha! have a good week!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Jodi this is DARLING and so SWEET!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Jodi, I love those poinsettia flowers. And I can feel the comfy chair...you rocked this card girl.

Kerri said...

OOH, this is gorgeous!!! I love your poinsettias, and your beautiful coloring! I hope I can find time to partipate!

eunice said...

Jodi, your Christmas card is such a treasure! Not only is your coloring expertise unbeatable, I just love all the intricate details like the flocking of Santa's suit and the paper pieced blanket. BEAUTIFUL!

Amy said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Jodi! It's enough to get anyone in the Christmas spirit, amazing coloring!

Kathy said...

This is absolutely adorable Jodi!!! I love this image ~ too sweet and your coloration is fabulous!! Your flowers are also fabulous! Such a cute card! Good for you on getting some Christmas cards started! I should try to do them earlier as well!
Have a lovely week!
:)Kathy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS