Friday, May 28, 2010

Chocolates and Roses

Did the title fool you? Does this sound like a typical Valentine's Day gift? Well not this time, this is actually the name of the challenge this week with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!! That's right, it's a color challenge and we want to see you create with shades of browns and pinks. This just happens to be one of my favorite color combos and I'm sure this applies to most of you too.
When in doubt, I always say you can't go wrong with pink! LOL!
I just love my CC Designs stamps and so I colored an image from the Christmas 2009 set which you can get from All That Scraps. She just happens to be one of my favorites from this collection. The colors I used for my card are colors from Stampin' Up: pretty in pink, pink pirouette, regal rose and close to cocoa. I used my snowflake embossing folder from cuttlebug for the background, spellbinders for the circle and jagged edge circle.
I also used my Martha Stewart snowflake punches and added some white flowersoft to the pompom on her hat and snow where she is sitting. There were such beautiful cards made with the paper piecing challenge last week and I hope that you will be joining us again this week for this color challenge!! Don't forget, that should you participate you could be the next guest designer on the Christmas Stampin' blog!! Be sure to stop by the blog to see the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT. Happy Aloha Friday!!

37 comments:

Tammy D said...

Adorable!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Jodi! Love the colours! xx

Jessie said...

It's gorgeous Jodi! I love that colour combo too and I love how she is sitting on snow, so cool!

Crystal said...

Jodi this is BEAUTIFUL!! The chocolate and pink is soooo beautiful!!!! What a sweetie she is and your layout is sooo fun!! Fabulous card girl!

Marley said...

Wow such a beautiful card Jodi! xx Marley

Joy said...

such a pretty card! love the color combo...haha! pink and brown...gotta love it! so sweet and perfect for Christmas! love the title too! have a wonderful weekend Jodi! big hugs, Joy

Andrea said...

Very sweet Jodi!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is so gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ho, ho, ho! this is beautiful!!!!!!

margie c said...

Hi Jodi! Your card is amazing! I love this combo too! and it's perfect for a girlie Christmas card :)

Hope all is well!
Enjoy your weekend!
hugs, margie

Poppet said...

Unusual colours for Christmas but I think this makes it all the more stunning. :-) xx

Paula's Crafty Corner said...

Pink and Brown is also my fav color combo. This card is just stunning, and very adorable.

Paula***

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marlene said...

Striking!! Love this!

Rosie said...

Jodi this is just gorgeous. Love all the little touches you have added. Rosie x

Maria said...

Oh my. . .that CC Design image is adorable and I love all the pink on your card! Very pretty, Jodi!! Love all the elements of your card too. . .Beautiful job on this week's sample!!


Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!

Maria

Kris said...

Gorgeous!!! Love this color combo!! i just got that CC Design and i think i have to bring her out and play with her too!! Thanks for the inspiration!! =D hugs!

Maria Therese said...

Love the embossed background! and beautiful coloring!!

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, one of my favourite colour combos too. Sweet image, love the layout and snowflakes too.
Kelly.x

Marion said...

Fabulous card Jodi. Love this image and the colours are delish.
Marion

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh DARLING!!!!!!

Kim Y. said...

I agree, can't go wrong with pink.
You did a fantastic job on this card, Jodi! Beautiful coloring as always!

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

Brenda said...

I am loving absolutely everything about this card... layout, image, embellies! I like how you chose non-traditional colors for Christmas! Have a great weekend!

Angelwood said...

I love this color combination for Christmas! So sweet! I was thinking about picking up this stamp and now after seeing this beautiful card, I will! hugs, Angela

Kim said...

Jodi this is adorable hun! Love all of the pinks...such a fun challenge! You did a fantastic job! Wonderful work! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
hugs~ Kim

mst822 said...

Gorgeous card, Jodi! Luv that color combo too! Infact, I luv everything about your card!
Tammy

Tina said...

awww - super sweet card - the colors and the image work so well together.

xo
tina

Elise said...

Oh yes Jodi! Pink and browns are such a yummmmmy color combo! I love it!!! And this CC Design image is just the cutest thing! You've colored her BEAUTIFULLY and that "snow" is such a lovely touch!

big Hugs to you!
Elise

Teri said...

I love the title! Your pink and brown card is adorable! So many beautiful details to this sweet card!

Annika said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card - and your colouring is simply stunning!
Hugs
Annika

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Jodi - love the layout...and your cute image is adorable!
Helen x

sari said...

awww... that is such a sweet card! Love all the great details!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh this is so sweet Jodi.. I love the colors you chose. I have to make a Christmas card this week and just can't get into the holiday spirit.. Great job.

Jacqui said...

Adorable! I love those little girls sitting on things!
Great Job

Jennifer said...

This is just ADORABLE! Such a cute stamp(I have that one) (= Love all the details!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Ooooohh, love this, the pink and brown is such a great color scheme, I have her too she was too cute to pass up :0)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS