Friday, May 21, 2010

Angel

Happy Aloha Friday! I just can't believe how quickly time flies, it's almost Summer!! Are you ready for Summer? OR Shall I ask... are you ready for Christmas? LOL! Yes, it is time for a new challenge with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, and the challenge this week is to create a card with paper piecing.
The stamp I am using is from a CC Designs set called Angel Emma. Rather than always coloring her clothing in, I felt this was the perfect stamp to show that she can look great in a patterned gown too! =)
I had fun doing paper piecing on her gown and also decided to use some patterned paper on the snowflakes too! I used my nestability Snowflakes to create them. I think having a pattern on the flakes makes it come alive. Then I added some glitter to her wings, bling to the center of the snowflakes and some pearls in the corners of my card.
I hope you will join in on the challenge with us! Remember that if you participate, you could be the winner of the week and be chosen as a Guest Designer the following week!! I can't wait to see what you will create!!

18 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi she is sooooo super sweet, LOVE the paper piecing....Adorable added snowflakes too....soooo cute girl!

Jessie said...

Love the paper piecing Jodi, she's beautiful!

Marlene said...

Awww...how adorable!

Lysa said...

SO cute! Makes me look forward to Christmas already...so not ready for the 100+ temps here ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Jodi she is a SWEET Angel!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kerri said...

I do love the patterned snowflakes! Will definitely have to remember that:) This is absolutely adorable, girl! That image is so sweet, and the paper piecing looks fabulous! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Islander Girl said...

Love it! Ugh, I have yet to do these challenges! Sigh, year is halfway over! Great job on the challenge, I love paper piecing especially when I'm too lazy to color! LOL!

Have a great Friday!

Little K Smith said...

Aaaaw such an adorable image, love the snowflakes but not ready for Christmas yet myself! :)
Kelly.x

Tina said...

Jodi - this is absolutely perfect. great job -

xo
tina

1LuvnMama said...

This is wonderful Jodi! :) Boy, with all the thank you's you have to make, where do you find the time to get your DT stuff done? You're my HERO!

Maria Matter said...

this is adorable Jodi! I have one Christmas card made so far, I'll probably wait until the last minute to make my cards though I promise myself I won't every year! lol
have a fabulous weekend!
blessings!

Danni said...

Oh so darling!

Maria said...

Your card is so darn cute, Jodi! I love your paper piecing. Very pretty paper choice. Love the snowflakes too! Beautiful job on the paper piecing challenge!!

Maria

Cyndi said...

very nice card! love the paper piecing!

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Poppet said...

Such a perfect little angel. The snowflakes look great. :-) xx

Marcia said...

Very Cute! and a great image for paper piecing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS