Friday, April 16, 2010

To "Die" For...

It's Aloha Friday, no work 'til Monday!! Well, the title of my post says it all! This week's challenge for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is to create a Christmas card using your dies. This can be anything from nestabilities to Sizzix dies or even your cricut. I actually used 2 in this card.
First I cut Hello Kitty from my cricut, then I cut the background using my nestability dies. To get the Santa hat, I stamped it from a set from The Greeting Farm and paper pieced it, then ran it through my cuttlebug folder to get the dots, and used a different cuttlebug folder for the background. Next, I added some white flowersoft to the white part of the hat.
This was such a fun challenge and hope you will join us for it!! I know there are lots of you out there with your adorable Hello Kitty dies and Hello Kitty cricut cartridges, so bring them out and play... think of it this way, you can get your cards for Christmas done in no time!!
Remember that your card could be chosen as the winning card of the week which means you will be the host for the next Christmas Stampin' challenge!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

33 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Great card Jodi, love your christmas kitty!
x

Jessie said...

very sweet Jodi!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is a super card! the hat is awesome and kitty looks fabulous!

Maria said...

Awesome cards, Jodi! I recently bought the Hello Kitty cartridge! I can't wait to use it! There's nothing cuter than Hello Kitty! Great job on this week's challenge!!

Maria

Summerthyme Studio said...

These are stinkin' cute Jodi!!!

hugs

Vicki

Victoria said...

very cute x

Kris said...

OMGosh!!! Jodi, this is sooooo CUTE!! love it very much!! kudos girl for getting started on Christmas cards already... =D

Denise said...

OMGosh, these are absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love the embossing on the hats, and EVERYTHING else about these Beautiful cards!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Denise

Little K Smith said...

Oh I love this! Just love Hello Kitty and your design with her is just fabulous!
Kelly.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh these are so very gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Gry-Beate said...

Sweet cards, love youre theem lovely Kitty!!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Sparkle said...

These are the cutest ever!

Crystal said...

OOOOOO Jodi these are the CUTEST gf!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Aw these are fabulous Jodi they are so cute

Hugs
Lorraine x

Joy said...

this turned out wonderful! you and your HK! how could you not do this challenge! looks like your card was lots of fun to make. love the different backgrounds and that santa hat! very cute! happy Friday and see you soon!

Tina said...

Jodi these are great cards - would be wonderful young children at Christmas...

tina
mommyscrapsalot

Islander Girl said...

Oh my Jodi, I just love these cards! I'm gonna lift it for my nieces for Christmas this year! Thank so much for the idea!!!

Aloha!

Marcia said...

Cute Card! Someone will love getting this one!

Cyndi said...

love this card! HK really stands out!

Brenda said...

These are so cute! Guess if I want to start making these for Christmas I'd better start now... hehehe!

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, great idea to put the Santa hat on HK's head! I'm gonna have to steal your idea k! :)

Randi said...

Ohh! Two of my favorites! TGF and Hello Kitty!!!! SUPER cute Jodi!!! I love that TGF Santa hat addition! Brilliant! Love it!

Pauline said...

Wow, xmas!! Well half the year almost gone it makes sense! Love Hello Kitty, great cards, so cute, Pauline xx

cabio's craft corner said...

So cute and darling HK card Jodi!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Poppet said...

Great card Jodi, Hello Kitty looks gorgeous. I love the way you used the flowersoft on the hat. :-) xx

Kerry said...

Cute cards Jodi! I have a couple of the "Hello Kitty" dies so I think may dig them out and make some cards. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh SWEET Jodi!!

mahuntington said...

What a cute card. I'm going to try this one. We have so many little girls in out neighborhood who would love to get this card.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your kitty card!

CraftyC said...

They are gorgeous Jodi, so cute!
Clairexx

inlovestamping said...

I love Hello Kitty!! Adorable cards!!!

Jacqui said...

Cute cute cute - any little one will enjoy getting one of these cards.

The Wired Angel said...

Just darling, Jodi!! Great job.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS