Friday, April 2, 2010

Snowflakes Are Kisses Sent From Heaven

It's the first Friday of the month and that means it's time for a project with Christmas Stampin' All Year long!! The project we are working with is a box. This is a fun and versatile box, one that you can make at all different kinds of heights. The size I decided to stick with is the tallest.
I decided to decorate my box with a cute CC Designs image called Nora. She was one of last year's adorable images for the holidays. Instead of coloring, I decided to paper piece her clothes. I hardly ever paper piece but I can see how fun and easy it really is. It also gives a nice pattern to clothing.
Here is what the front of the box looks like. I used my Labels 10 nestability to surround my image. I also stamped and glittered the snowflakes since it went perfectly with the sentiment at the top of my box.
I have also used my Martha Stewart punch for a border around the lid. This was a really fun and easy box and I hope to create more with it in the future. To join in on the challenge be sure to post it up by next Thursday to the challenge blog. For details on creating the box, click HERE. Have a wonderful Friday and stay tuned for tomorrow, I've got some wonderful new releases!!

21 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful box Jodi!!

Cyndi said...

super cute box!

Margreet said...

wow, such a stuning box!!!
xxx Margreet

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a wonderful box Jodi, so cute.
Hugs Jacqueline

Poppet said...

Nora looks so innocent but I bet she has a snowball in her hand behind her back. Great box and love the paper piecing, I will have to give it a go. :-) xx

Marlene said...

What an adorable project!!! So much detail - it's fabulous. Love it!

Debbie said...

What a great job on your project... and I absolutely love that sentiment...

Angelwood said...

Ooo! I would love to receive a gift in such a beautiful box! Love this sweet image and I love how you paper pieced her outfit. Beautiful work, Jodi! hugs, Angela

Maria said...

OMG. . .your box is so darn cute, Jodi!! I love that CC design image!! Very beautiful job on your coloring and that label nestie is pretty. I think I may need to buy one! LOL! Thank you for coming up with such pretty cards and projects for CSAYL!! You're fantastic!

Maria

Michelle said...

So pretty Jodi. LOVE Nora - she's adorable! Great idea to use your martha stewart punch as a border on the lid.

Kim Piggott said...

Wowzers Jodi this is utterly amazing!
hugs
kim x

alina said...

Hi Jodi, lots of beautiful projects, I've enjoyed the visit!
Hugs, Alina

Rita said...

Too darn cute!!!

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous box Jodi and love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Danni said...

Super cute!

JackieLou said...

Such a cute box. super creation Jodi. Thanks for the inspiration...
hugs,
Jackielou

Marcia said...

So cute and adorable!

Patty Chalas said...

very pretty box Jodi!!!

nice job this week

1LuvnMama said...

Luv this Jodi! Cute gift to give away! :) Ain't paper piecing fun? Sometimes when all else fails and the coloring sucks, PAPER PIECE to cover up! Shh, that's my little secret!

Tina said...

eeek..super cute love your image

tina
csayl sistah

The Wired Angel said...

Darling take on the challenge project Jodi~~ Hugs, Peggy x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS