Friday, April 30, 2010

Mistletoe and Mice

We made it to Friday!! This means it's time for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, this week the challenge is to create an easel card. I know many of you love making them. The image I have used in the challenge is called Mistletoe and Mice and is from Gillian F. Roberts. I think this line of stamps are SO cute, you can get this stamp and more HERE.
One of my favorite things about the easel card besides it standing up on it's own is being able to do a little decorating on the bottom of it. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photos but I dry embossed the blue card stock with my cuttlebug embossing folder then added the lace over it. I like to give it texture even if it has something covering it. The DP I used is from Basic Grey called Eskimo Kisses, one of my favorite non traditional Christmas color papers.
To create the holly berries and leaves I used my Martha Stewart punch called Holly Leaf, and used some red dew drops for the berries. I hope all of you will join in the fun in creating an easel card, you will have until next Thursday to enter your card and for a chance to be the host for the next challenge. Enjoy your day!

35 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Oh your card is so sweet! Love the cute details!!

Stressed Stamper said...

That is a fantastic card - love the image - colouring great

Jessie said...

It's just adorable Jodi! Love the image, colours, everything!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow jodi! this is gorgeous! i love the non-traditional xmas colors. really is gorgeous!

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi SOOOOOO SWEET!!!! LOVE your easel card gf!!! Hugs!

Tracy said...

Hi Jodi,
This is so sweet and pretty, and I just love how you've held your easel card up with the little drops.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, that is just the most adorable image!! Love your card Jodi! xx

antje said...

Oh your card is so cute. I love your easelcard

Antje xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet easel card Jodi!! Love your dp and those adorable mice.
hugs,
Chris

Andrea said...

Hey Jodi!! Love the mice. :)

Dora said...

Awww this is nice and I really love the colours you've used xxx

Angelwood said...

Aww... what a darling card this is. I love this image and they are so beautifully colored! Love this, Jodi! hugs, Angela

Kelly Schelske said...

It's gorgeous Jodi! That image is adorable!

Marlene said...

This is so stinkin' sweet...and the coloring is, again, perfect as always! Love your style!

Liza said...

Beautiful work Jodie, the stamp is so sweet and I love these DPs too.

Liza x

Laila said...

Love your card.
That mouse image is so cute :o)

Marcia said...

Adorable card! Made me smile!

Jacqui said...

Oh my gosh - how cute is that!!!!!!

Riet said...

Wowwww Jodi,so beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rosie said...

Jodie this is just gorgeous. Lovely colours and such a sweet image. Rosie x

Creations by Shirl said...

Perfecto!
Keep on craft'n

inlovestamping said...

ADORABLE!!! I love the mice image!!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a lovely christmascard, wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my this is so adorable!
Beautiful card I love it!
hugs
kim x

Sparkle said...

This is just precious!

Sue said...

Hi Jodi
oh this is gorgeous, super cute image, gorgeous papers, stunning creation, luv easel cards. have great weekend hun, sue,x

Mina said...

I love making easel cards too Jodi but always find them so hard to photograph...this one is beautiful and I love the mix of papers and image...perfect
Mina xxx

Mimi said...

So adorable! Love the colors and dp papers...very sweet! ;)

oh...thanks for stopping by my blog! was a very sweet surprise!

Cyndi said...

very nice card! love the mice and the colors! have a great weekend!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh pure SWEETNESS!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Jodi, how cute! I luv how you made the holly berries! Clever! Have a great weekend! ;)

Michelle said...

oh such a fabulous card - the image is ADORABLE as is your easel card...great job this week! I wanted to get one done but life just got in the way this week.

Maria said...

Such a cute easel card, Jodi! I love that image. . it's one of my favorites! Beautiful job on your coloring and I really love that dp. very pretty!

Maria

Tammi said...

Awww, this is so adorable!! Love your cute easel card! Beautiful coloring!

Tina said...

Jodi - this is magical. Love the mice.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS