Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hang In There

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I've got something special to share with you. The Copic Creations Design Team were chosen as Guests for this week's challenge with Crissy Armstrong's new challenge blog called Sunday's With Crissy!! I was of course thrilled to be invited and could not wait to get started!! So, here is the image that I chose to work with. This is a digital image called Hang In There, isn't he cute! You can purchase this digital image and more from Crissy here at Whimsy Stamps.
Sunday's with Crissy is a digital image challenge that takes place every other Sunday of the month. You must use a digital image created by Crissy to participate. This challenge is to create a card or project with Dots. So I chose to use some paper that had dots and then I decided to use my cuttlebug folder and create a dry embossed image of some flowers with circles (they kind of represent dots). Then I used my circle nestabilities to create bigger dots.
Here's a close up of the image. I tried to get a photo of the shell because I have added some crystal lacquer to him to make the shell shiny. I have also added a small amount of glitter to the center of the flowers too. Well I hope you will join in on the challenge, and remember you will have 2 weeks to complete your card. Be sure to check out what the rest of the Copic Creations DT has created for Crissy as guest designers HERE! Thank you Crissy for having me as a guest, I am truly honored!! Have a great Sunday everyone!!

36 comments:

Riet said...

Wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marion said...

Wow Jodi, this is just fantastic. Love that cute image and your dry embossing.
Marion

Sparkle said...

This is just darling!

mycardz said...

Wow!! Jodi this is an amazing card!! You really outdid yourself with this one. I love every single thing about it! Awesome colors too, I love pink and green. And the sky is sooo gorgeous! Perfect coloring too! Love it. hugz, Mary

maranda said...

very lovely crad I like it, hahahah nice stamp turtle, nice color too.
hugs maranda

Ann Kranitz said...

This is beyond adorable Jodi!!! LOVE IT!!

Ann-Marie said...

This is just gorgeous, love the layout and the image is so adorable and coloured beautifully. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

Risa said...

Wow....what a fabulous card Jodi! Your image is adorable and colored in beautifully and your detailing is outstanding!
hugs
Risa:)

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Jodi, fabulous coloring, super!!

Brenda said...

That turtle is so adorable! Love the layout and coloring too!

Sue said...

Hi Jodi
aww gorgeous card, awesome colouring, great papers & layout, suex

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Jodi!! Such a pretty card! xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Jodi! I just love this card so much. The greens and pinks go so beautifully together. I love all the different sizes of dots you chose to use too, very clever! And of course your colouring, what can I say... amazing!
Thanks for your kind words, link-ups, and for being such a wonderful guest designer for me!

Juls said...

so cute! great image, beautifully cloured!! I love the colours and the embossed detail! fab creation! Hugs Juls

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wonderful and funny card Jodi, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Tracy said...

I love your creation and your choice of image, he is so cute. Love the layout and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lila said...

Jodi, stunning card, I love dry embossing.
xx.

Poppet said...

This card is so cute Jodi and you have decorated the image so beautifully. Just explain one thing for me. Why is a turtle up a tree? :-) xx

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET, SWEET!!

Christin said...

Wow, this card is so fantastic.
Best wishes
Christin

Lilian said...

Love your sweet color combo and your coloring of course!

Elise said...

Oh wow Jodi! This is just GORGEOUS! My goodness, your coloring is out of this world stunning! I love it! And yes, this image is just too cute for words! And all that dry embossing .. oh goodness! Makes me want to play with my cuttlebug RIGHT NOW! lol! I love this Jodi ... Truly LOVE this!
Hugs,
Elise

Marlene said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic, all wrapped up into one! Love this card. This image is absolutely adorable and is on my must buy soon list.

Petra Skogstokiga Rubberstamps said...

Just adoreble!

Cyndi said...

very cute! i love the image and the colors of this card!

Ilissa said...

Such an adorable card!

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute! Oh Jodi this card just makes me smile...he's so cute hanging on! Your coloring just makes the image pop and colors are so cheerful! Hugs, Cami
P.S. Oh oh, almost time for u-no-?.

Denise said...

How Sweet! Love the colors, and that turtle is just the cutest!
Hugs,
Denise

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, fabulously coloured image and I just love the pink and green colours you've used.
hugs Heather xx

Joy said...

awe...help that turtle! lol! that is too darling and perfect for the challenge. I don't know how you keep up with all that's on your plate...but you go girl! love to see your creations! have a good week!

Diane said...

Oh my Jodi! Your coloring is fantabulous,is that even a word,lol! Love it!!!

Kerri said...

This is definitely a WOW card, girl!! I LOVE the layout and your coloring looks amazing!!! Beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

YOUR coloring is impeccable.. I love this Jodi.. Such a great job...

Jane Wetzel said...

just absolutely gorgeous Jodi! your work is ALWAYS amazing to me! :)

Anneke said...

what a gorgeous and beautiful card jodi.
the image is so cute.
aloha from the netherlands

Randi said...

Too cute!! Your coloring is always so beautiful Jodi!! The turtle looks amazing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS