Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Bling & A Color Challenge

Hey everyone, it's hump day!! This week is really going by very quickly for me... it's good and bad. Good because the weekend is near and bad because I've got lots of NEW images to share with you and so little time to make something with them! The fun begins tomorrow and throughout the weekend so you will definitely want to check back here!! Today my card was made for Flutterby Wednesday and The All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge.
The Flutterby Wednesday Challenge is to use Blue, Green and White on your card, and the All That Scraps Challenge is to use some kind of Bling or Sparkle.
The image I am using today is called Darby and Bumbles. I decided not to use bumbles(who is a bee) just because I was going to use butterflies instead. To accent my card I am using some orange prima roses that I got from All That Scraps. I love these roses, not too big or too small.
For the bling part of my card I used some stickles on the flowers and on the centers of the butterflies. I also added a little glitter to the center of the flower that Darby holds, and then added a single dew drop. I am going to really try hard this time to add all of the copics that I used for each card I make. Sometimes I forget to write the colors down before I am ready to put the pens back. Anyway, I can't wait to see what all of you will come up with for these challenges.
Lastly, tomorrow I will be posting the winner of my Copic Creations card and copic pens. If you'd like to win you will have until midnight today to leave a comment HERE.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!
Card Details:
Paper: SU DSP(retired), Brocade Blue CS, Neenah CS
Ink: E000,E00,E35,E37,E59,R20,YR000,YR02,YR07,B32,B34,G05,G07,G21,G40,W1,W3
Accessories: Dew Drops, stickles, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, grosgrain ribbon,primas

32 comments:

Nancy said...

Jodi, this is a completely adorable image!! The colors set her off perfectly! I hope the rest of your week runs smoothly!!

Lori said...

Oh Wow Jodi I totally love your colouring and design. I love how the orangy red really pops against the blues/greens, and what a cute image, love her ears!!!!

Crystal said...

OOOO Jodi this is fabulous, I LOVE those flowers gf!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a sweet and lovely card, beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow jodi! this is fabulous! love the image, your colors and those flowers! just fabulous!

Lisa and Eddy said...

Love it! xo Lisa

Angela said...

So pretty Jodi!! I just love these colors together!! I use these alot on boys cards, but I think they look just awesome on a girly card!! Your coloring is gorgeous!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Marlene said...

Absolutely adorable! Love it.

Jen Shults said...

Wow girl this is gorgeous. That little stamp is too cute. Your coloring... WOW and these colors are fabulous together. I really like those roses... I need to find me some of those! :D Hugs!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous! Love the idea of stickles on your flowers. I'll have to try that. What a cute image too!

mycardz said...

Hi Jodi! your card is ADOARBLE!! I love the colors you used and the glittery flowers. hugz, Mary

Lysa said...

ADORABLE!! Love this & those flowers are so pretty... (gotta go find me some now!) HUGS!

Sparkle said...

Such a sweet card!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Jodi!!

Joy said...

such a cute card...you seem to make these cards look easy, but yet they are so detailed and for me...difficult...lol! love the color challenge and those butterflies, but most of all I do love those flowers. I think I better get a move on and purchase some! have a great hump day!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
This is so gorgeous!
Fabulous card!
hugs
kim x

Shirley N said...

Jodi, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It's beautiful, love everything about it--wow!

Alex said...

This is so sweet and colorful. Love what you did and the image is just ADORABLE!!

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG this is absolutely adorable! Love the image with these colors!!

Maria Matter said...

oh Jodi, this is really cute!
hope you're enjoying your day!
Blessings, Maria

joni h said...

hey miss oh-so-talented-lady! Beautiful card in the best of colors! LOL! BTW, saw you card on the TGF blog. I'm so happy that I can say that I know such a talented person! Whatcha' mean you don't have enough time to create? Chop, chop! Let's go! hahaha...jus' kidding. Looking forward to more of your beautiful cards!

Michelle said...

Holy Moly this is beautiful!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those flowers - they are so pretty!! Neat idea to add stickles to them.

Danni said...

Lovin' this!! What a fabulous card!

Mimi said...

this is so pretty. i love the colors, they work really well together! ;)

1LuvnMama said...

Darby is so cute in blue! Luvn the sparkles and the butterflies! :)

Cheryl said...

This is such a sweet card Jodi! And of course I love your coloring.

Dawn B. said...

You never cease to amaze me.. This is gorgeously colored.. I think I need to visit for some lessons.. thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog.. I miss you all already..

Kim Yu said...

This is too darn cute! I love the added butterly and those gorgeous flowers!

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

wheeee!!! love this card and the image is SUPER cute :)

Juls said...

she is so sweet!! and I love the orange flowers!! Hugs Juls

Randi said...

Gorgeous FBW card Jodi!! Such lovely coloring! I love how you added those contrasting flowers! Really stunning effect!!

Kristie said...

Soooo cute!! Love the sparkly flowers :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS