Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Spring!!

How are all of you doing today? I hope fine. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things here in blogland since I returned from my trip yesterday. So, I may not get to comment right away but will definitely be getting around to you soon. My card for you today was made for this week's Flutterby Wednesday and All That Scraps Challenge. This week's Flutterby Challenge is open so create with anything that has a butterfly, pixie or fairy.
The All That Scraps Wednesday challenge is a sketch. I know there are many of you out there that love sketches so join us for the fun!!
The image I used is from the Sweet November line created by Amy Young. This image is apart of a few other stamps called Baby Bunnies, and this one is called Butterfly. I think they are so adorable! I love the sweet baby looks which is perfect for infants at Easter time. One thing I wanted to share with you is the way I did the yellow background on this image. I usually airbrush it but wanted to do something different so I sponged the background instead. I like both techniques. This one just gives more texture than the airbrushing.
Anyway, I hope that you will be able to join in on the challenges today!! Be sure to post your card/creations to the Flutterby blog and All That Scraps Challenge blog before next Tuesday! Have a wonderful day!!

35 comments:

Esme said...

Cute image! And I love the sponge technique you've used!! I always wonder how people do that (whenever I try to do it with a little ink pad I get funny shapes!!)

Esme xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just darling Jodi!! I just love the sketch and that image is the cutest!! Love the butterfly on the nose!! Great sponge technique and colors!
hugs,
Chris

Tammy D said...

Love that cute. It's just precious.

Karen Wilson said...

This is super cute and I love that image! That little butterfly is too cute! Great take on the sketch too! Love the sponged background.

Stressed Stamper said...

Great image - nice sponging

Nancy said...

Jodi, this is absolutely fabulous!! The sponging is great...I just adore purple!! Awesome sketch!

Lelia said...

Awesome as usual, Jodi! Every time I come by I am inspired! I just need more time in the day!

I have the Spring Kit from All That Scraps and I haven't inked any of them yet! (for shame) I'm going to make it my mission to get over and play along with ATS sketch challenge this week. :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi just soooo cute, Oh my that image is darling!!!! wonderful work sweetie!

Maria said...

Oh Jodi, this is just the sweetest. I adore these images. Hugs, Maria

deconstructing jen said...

Oh! How sweet is this!! I love the purple and the soft yellow together! That was the very first thing that caught my eye. Gorgeous card! Hugs!!

HazelQ said...

Gorgeous card Jodie, that image is really cute and your coloring is amazing.
Hugs
Hazel

Marlene said...

Oh.my.gosh. This is just the cutest!!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the lilac, lemon, green and white together! I just used the same combo and it is so Spring-like! Love the sponging on this great card! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Little K Smith said...

Aaaaw this is sooo sweet Jodi, super cute image, beautifully coloured and love those papers too.
Kelly.x

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG Jodi this is absolutely adorable!!
I love that butterfly on that adorable image!!
Hugs, Harriet

1LuvnMama said...

How cute is this Jodi? Luv Baby Bunny! Are you back into the groove of things after your fun vaca?

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So cute Jodi! and the sponging looks fantastic!
Hugs
Nicola

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!!

Janneke said...

Awesome card Jodi ;0)

Janneke Xo

Brenda said...

another great card! love how you sponged the edges! too cute!

Shirley N said...

I love Amy's bunnies and your card is just adorable!

Lissa said...

This is so cute!!! Great job!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is super sweet! I love the tiny butterflies, and the image is colored beautifully, let alone the fact that it is adorable. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Christine said...

So cute! This is my favorite CC image and can you believe I don't even own it?

Blessings,
Christine

Lisa G. said...

so freakin' cute! xo

Danni said...

Awww...so sweet! I just got these cuties, need to get them inky soon!!

Amy said...

This is so cute Jodi, and you're coloring is spectacular!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet.. I love the colors. Your sponging is terrific.. Hope you had a great trip..

Cindy Haffner said...

What a CUTIE!!! FABULOUS!

Randi said...

Beautiful card Jodi! Wow, that purple coloring is amazing! Such an adorable image for FBW! Have a wonderful weekend!

Cami said...

I love all the new images from Amy 'cuz they are all so cute and you have done a great job coloring this little bunny...I love the yellow and purple combo...very Spring. I think I'll try sponging my background when I can get back into stamping...love the texture. Hugs, Cami

Jenny V. said...

Ahhh Amy's bunnies are so cute. I had a chance to color them last week and they are so darling and fun to color. TFS!

Jodie from Oz said...

Jodi, I love this sweet image, your colouring is beautiful, a gorgeous spring card. hugs Jodie from Oz

Stacey said...

Such a cute image and I love the colour round the edge ~x~

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS