Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Day at Tamiko's!

It really is a Happy Day at Tamiko's! Today you can get your very own set of The Greeting Farm's new Happy Day stamps. The very first time I saw them of course I had to have it, but this little girl named Amelia reminded me SO much of Rainbow Brite! For those of you not familiar with her, she was a doll and was popular many years back. I've colored her is the same colors as the doll.
I am loving easel cards and had to make another! To match the theme of her clothes, I used my cricut machine and cut out a rainbow from the Hello Kitty cartridge. I left the clouds without decoration so you could write a message when you give the card away.
Here's the easel card at an angle. I also used my fiskars punch for a border with some black cardstock for contrast.
Here she is up close. It's hard to see in these photos but she has glitter added to her belt, necklace, and earrings.
I of course had to use the stars again. These are clear stars that I have colored with my copics so they match the image colors. You can purchase them at Tamiko's too!!
My next card is made with the boy in the set named Oliver. I am so glad that there was a new stamp made for a boy. This is a great stamp for a birthday!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, this is my 3rd post for the day. Please scroll down to see the newest sneak peek from All That Scraps and the newest challenge from Copic Creations!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Day (TGF)
Paper: Card1: Red, black, yellow, green, and neenah CS.
Card2: Basic Grey DSP, Chocolate Chip, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: card1: blue ribbon, fiskars punch, clear stars, cricut machine, stickles
card 2: vintage brads, olive ribbon, button, tie, orange bling, charm

26 comments:

maddy hill said...

oh wow lovin the cards ! fabulous colours and colouring - very inspirational !
love maddy x

Crystal said...

AWW Jodi these are the cutest!!! What darling images and love those stars!!! Great cards girl!

Jen Shults said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jodi! I love both of these little cuties. You did a fabulous job on both!!

Marisa said...

Oh my gosh Jodi! Super cute! I had a Rainbow Brite doll!! :) Have a great week!

alina said...

Wow, Jodi, beautiful cards, all of them, wonderful colouring!!
Hugs, Alina

Lysa said...

Aww she really does look like Rainbow Brite- SOO cute Jodi!!

Kris said...

Amelia and Oliver are sooo darn CUTE!!! i LOVE this set... can't wait to get my crafty hands on them!! =D Beautiful and fun creations Jodi!! Loving the colors... makes them extra HAPPY!

Risa said...

Oh Jodi, both of your cards are fabulous! I love your easel card and the way you colored in the dress! How cute, creative and fun!
hugs
Risa:)

Marlene said...

Another wonderful entry! Love the cards.

Nic said...

OMG you're so right she is rainbow brite. I so wanted rainbow brite wallpaper when I was little!

I'm lovin the cards. I too couldn't resist them and placed my order for these stamps this morning. I hope I can make something half as good when the postie delivers them tomorrow :)
Nxxx

Teri said...

Aww, Amelia and Oliver turned out super cute!! You're right! She does remind me of Rainbow Brite! Hugs, Teri

Cyndi said...

super cute cards! yah, she does look like rainbow brite!

Joy said...

oh my goodness! you do such fabulous work! love your cards with this new images. I had a hard time thinking of what I would make and new if I didn't make it right away I would never do it! so sweet! love that you made her like rainbow brite! so like her! that is darling and brings me back to the olden days =) have a good Monday!

Kim Piggott said...

Two totally gorgeous cards!
hugs
kim x

Marion said...

Loving these cards. Fabulous images and your colouring is awesomw.
Marion

Kelly Schelske said...

I totally thought of Rainbow Brite as soon as I saw it before I actually read your post, they are both fabulous, awesome coloring!!

Vina said...

Hi Jodi! Hope all is well with you. I love your card using this new set! This set is too cute! TFS

Michelle U said...

So cute Jodi! And yes, she totally reminds me of Rainbow Brite! Super cute!

Hugs,
Michelle

1LuvnMama said...

Jodi~
Supah cute! Amelia and Oliver are such an adorable image! :) Plenty of coloring huh!

Heather said...

Both really cute!!

joni h said...

these images are so cute! love how you used the stars and the rainbow! where's the pot of gold? heehee!

Lilian said...

Jodi, I cannot keep up with you girl! These are just amazing! Will have to check out Tamiko's :)
Oh Rainbow Brite!!! Loved watching it on TV. Super cute idea!

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute! Oh Jodi, these images are so cute and that boy is also so adorable. You bring life to your images with your flawless coloring! I love the stars you used and now I must check it out at Joy's store! Oh, I also want to wish you an early Happy Girl's Day on Wendesday in case I can't get back to you! Hugs, Cami

Joy Datanagan said...

I so LOVE this card! It makes me sooo happy! :) Great job with the stars... i have yet to use them on anything I've made!! haha!!

Thanks Jodi, you DA BOMB!!

Hugs,
joy
www.tamikos.com

Nicola said...

Fantastic cards and images Jodi, you always bring images to life with your amazing colouring.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

RubyM:) said...

OH MY GOONESS! This reminds me of rainbow Bright!!! You did a faboulous job!!!your coloring rocks!!RubyM:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS