Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It's a day for love! Hope all of you are enjoying your Valentine's Day! This card was made for my last post with the Anyone For Anya challenge blog as a guest. I was late in getting my card posted with them and just got a chance to post it on my blog now. (Life happens!) Today begins a new challenge which is Flower Power. Create a card or project with flowers. I decided to use the colors for Valentine's day using Miss Anya Love. She is probably my most favorite out of this set of stamps.

I've decided to create an easel card since they are so much fun. Not only fun to make but to receive too. I forgot to take a closer shot of the flowers I used. They were created using Nellie Snellen flower punches. They punch the flower out, and then emboss the petals too!! I love that feature. If you want to get them too, I got my punches HERE.
This is what the card looks like from the front, opened. Hope you will have a chance to join the challenge this week. Not only is it Valentine's Day, but Chinese New year too so Kung Hee Fat Choy everyone!!

20 comments:

Tessa said...

You'r card is gorgeous! Love your coloring!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So pretty! love your punched borders!

Kim said...

Happy Valentine's Day hun! I hope you and your hubby have the greatest day!!! Your card is absolutely stunning Jodi! I adore your coloring...her hair looks so real and perfect! Great work hun!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Gorgeous, what a lovely and cute card! The image is super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Debbie said...

Kung Hee Fat Choy to you too!!!

Love the easel card you created.. I have a few of these Anya images and have yet to ink them up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is GORGEOUS!!!

happy valentine's day!

1LuvnMama said...

Happy Valentines Day Jodi!

I hear ya on the "Life happens"! ;)

I'm so diggin' this Miss Anya Luv! There you go again . . . I'm so amazed at the rich colors you use! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!

Sarah said...

A gorgeous card - her hair is so shiny - love the colour combo. Sarah x

craftingmanda said...

this is absolutely gorgeous I love this image it is great and beautifully colored i love how you did the hair it is incredible.

Kim Yu said...

LOVE the colors on this one, Jodi! Happy Valentine's Day!

Amy said...

This is gorgeous Jodi and I love all the detailing you added to Miss Anya's dress... WOW! :)

Rita said...

Luv your easel card Jodi, it's gorgeous! Happy Valentine's day!

Cheryl said...

wow this is a beauty love the image and your coluring is brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Brenda said...

I love that easel card! Great job as always! Have a great day!

joni h said...

perfect card for Valentine's Day! love everything about it especially those flowers!

Ilissa said...

Hey Jodi! I love Miss Anya. Your card just makes me feel the "love"!! Cute flowers!!

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful Card!! Love the snellen punches~~may need to think about getting them. Anya's hair is soooo lovely--it looks real. Can I ask what you colored with?
Blessings

Stacey said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the way you have polka dotted her dress.

So glad I discovered your blog. I have recently got myself hooked on Twilight (and a rather tasty vampire in particular) and so your blog is total eye candy to me! LOL! ~♥~

Maria said...

Gorgeous card Jodi and beautifully coloured image. Hugs, Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS