Saturday, January 2, 2010

Crazy For Calendars

Welcome to the very first challenge of the year for Saturday Spotlight 2010! This week the challenge is to create a calendar!! There are tons of ways to make and create calendars and this year I just had to try out this new idea I saw from my sweet and talented friend Cami. This is an easel drawer calendar. I love pink and Hello Kitty and went crazy with it! =)
My first photo shows the drawer closed, and the raised easel with Hello Kitty. Don't you just love her!!
Here is the side of the calendar to show the easel card on the top and the drawer pulled out. I actually made several of these calendars and gave a few away for Christmas and filled the drawer with post it notes and a gift card. The recipient can then keep the calendar and use it for the year! Such a fun, easy gift idea.
For more details on the challenge and prize, visit the Saturday Spotlight Challenge blog!!
The card below was sent to me from my friend Cami! As mentioned above, she is very creative!! (just take a look at her card!!)
Cami and I met through blogging and got to meet each other in person when we had our first bloggers social last year (2009). Since then, she and I have been in touch here and there and have developed a wonderful friendship! I call her my "craft mom" because she is so caring and always concerned about me, AND she makes sure that I don't stay up too late to craft! LOL! Believe me girls, I stay up late to craft since it gives me relaxation time but I do pay for it the next day when I have to go to work! LOL! I am sure most of you can relate! =)
Thank you so much Cami! I will cherish this card and the awesome friendship we have made!!
I sure hope that all of you will be participating in this challenge, it would be awesome to see what you create! Everyone needs a calendar!
Happy New Year everyone!

26 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Jodi.. I love the way this is created.. How clever is that.. It is so nice to have a blogging friends.. They are the best. Cami's card is adorable..

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your Hello Kitty Calendar Jodi!! The drawers and design are so creative and fun!! Gorgeous and sweet take on the challenge!! The card from Cami is so sweet!! Isn't happy mail so fun!!

hugs,
Chris

God Bless you in 2010!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous calendar! gotta love that kitty. and a stunning card. cami is very talented.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Jodi, this is just the sweetest project hun!! What a clever idea and thanks for the link on how to make one of these!! What a very talented friend you have indeed!! :) Love both of your projects!! Thanks for starting off the New Year with such an awesome project hun!! HUGS

Debbie said...

Jodi...how cute is that calendar... OMG!!Cute!!! and love Cami's card, especially the heart border...

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh my gosh ... how adorable is this creation!!! GREAT job Jodi and Cami's card is precious!!
I know, isn't it awesome to be able to meet new friends here in blogland and then to meet them IRL ... just the best! Dawn B. & I linked up last September and it felt like we had known each other forever. I feel so blessed to have all of you wonderful ladies in my life and call you my friends.

Becky said...

This is the sweetest thing Jodi, I just love your creative flair.

Crystal said...

AWW Jodi love your calendar and sweet hello kittie!!! What a super fun and creative way for the calendar craze!!! Your card is just sooooo sweet too!!! have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow I love your gorgeous calender!
Such a cute image and pretty paper and detail!
hugs
kim x

joey said...

Hi Jodi

gorgeous creations, I absolutely adore the calender the whole creation is just fantastic, I am fast becoming a hello kitty fan myself, my Sydney loves it too!

Joey.xxx

1LuvnMama said...

Hi Jodi!
Cute calendar easel esp. with HK on it! I'm surprised she didn't use a Magnolia stamp :)

Anyway, luv it and Cami's card too with the heart border! Have a good one!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

The Queen (Hello Kitty) herself would be proud. I too am a lover of the kitty and am just gobsmacked by your calendar!

Jessica G. said...

Your calendar is awesome, Jodi! Not only is it adorable, but how fun (and useful) to have a mini drawer, too. Fun and functional in so many ways!!

Shirley N said...

That is the sweetest, sweetest calendar. I must CASE this for my nieces! Love Cami's card,too!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Jodi,what beautiful,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning calendar box Jodi it looks so gorgeous with the cat and the colour pink, the card is awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Scrapadinne said...

I love the Hello Kitty-creation you've done! Really cute. =) It's so my little cousin. She loves Hello Kitty-things.

Hugs
/Evelina, Sweden

Stampin Mindy said...

These are adorable! Beautiful work!

Kit said...

love the hello kitty calendar its great, I received the cricut hello kitty set for christmas and cannot wait to use it

Cyndi said...

Very nice easel calendar! I might have to case it! and lovely card from cami too! happy new year!

Denise said...

OMGosh Jodi, this is absolutely ADORABLE!!
I just love Miss Kitty. Hey Santa got me the pink HK big shot!!
I thought of you.

Hugs,
Denise

Brenda said...

Very cute calendar... esp. with HK! Happy new year!

Danni said...

Oh wow!! So super cute!! Love it! Cami's card is sweet!

Cami said...

Gosh, Jodi! I just love this HK calendar! This is the perfect size HK and you have chosen pretty papers to work with (as always!) and I know the recipients were just so happy to receive them!What a way to start the New Year with this great challenge. I'll be looking forward to more of your creations! Hugs, Cami

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jodi!
I love your Hello Kitty Calendar, so does my daughter! lol
You always create such amazing projects hun!
great job!!!

Cami's card is adorable!
take care
blessings, Maria

Tammi said...

Now that is one clever calendar box, super cute!! Love this idea. And the card is adorable too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS