Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Happy hump day everyone! Hope you're enjoying the cool, crisp air that the season brings here in Hawaii. Most of you do have snow and live in areas that are freezing, so keep warm and be safe. I'll be sure to send some cyber-sunshine your way!! In the meantime grab a blanket and a cup of cocoa to get cozy with your computer to view my creations.
My first card for you is of Angel Emma. I've made this card for the Flutterby Wednesday challenge which is to stick with a Winter Theme. I just adore these angels, and had to create this card with pink of course!!
The last time I sponged on my background, it was just so horrible so instead of using a sponge, I used a sponge dauber. This actually gave me a better look since there are much smaller holes than the sponge.
I have also glittered her wings using silver stickles, then used my Martha Stewart star border punch to decorate the cardstock behind her, and used the little stars to decorate the background around my angel. Be sure to check out the rest of the creations from the team by clicking on each of their names: Ann, Cassie, Chris, Christine, Harriet, Heather, Karen, Kimberly, Kris, Kristie, Lelia, Michelle, Nancy, Nicola, Pam, and Stef.
My next card was created for today's challenge on the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge blog. I have used a cute and fun stamp called Holly Starshine. I love the names of these images!! The challenge this week is to create a card with snowflakes. I have tons of snowflakes and instead of adding so many I went for the least, just to see if you can see where they are, LOL!
I think this year I am really into creating with non traditional colors for Christmas. Could be because there are just so many cute accessories and papers out there. The snowflakes on my card were made with a martha stewart punch .
Last, I have glittered her wings with some stickles. I hope that you enjoyed looking at what I made today and that you are ready to participate in these challenges too! I can't wait to see what all of you will be making! Have a great day!

37 comments:

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous Jodi! Love your cards! xx

Linda said...

Love these cards Jodi! They are fantastic! See you soon! xoxo, Linda

Jodie from Oz said...

Jodi, Love your cards, the images are so cute, fabulous colours & your colouring is wonderful.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Penny D. said...

These are both beautiful!

Crystal said...

Oh my word these are two ADORABLE and beautiful creations...I just love love those sparkling wings and your colors gf!!!!! Gorgeous work as always sweetie!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Jodi!! Wow, both your cards are just gorgeous and have the cutest images! Gotta love those stickles huh? I'm just getting in to using mine. Less mess that's for sure!

Cheryl said...

These are gorgeous Jodi and I am always in awe of your colouring!!!
Hugs xx

Nancy said...

Both cards are amazing, Jodi! In fact they would both fit for the FBW challenge!! I love the sponging background that you used!!

Lelia said...

Beautiful cards, Jodi! They are both stunning! Way to go girl!

Hugs,
Lelia

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,i love your images annd colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are both stunning! your coloring is fabulous.

hugs,

Kris said...

Both cards have the cutest angels!!! your FBW card is so pretty in pink!! i love it! and you ATS card is awesome with those fun papers! LOVE it! hugs, Kris

Amy said...

Both of these cards are just fantastic! Your coloring is amazing and I really love the color scheme you used on Holly Starshine, just gorgeous!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! What really ADORABLE creations Jodi!! I love your top card and that precious image, your coloring and details make them come to life hun!! HUGS

Tammy said...

Thanks for the warm wishes! We sure need it here in the Midwest.

Love your two cards for today. Fantastic color schemes.

Stampin Mindy said...

These are adorable! Great coloring and I love the images, have a great day, Hugs, Mindy

Angela said...

Beautiful cards!! I love how you have done the background on the 1st card, the images are both beautiful!!
hugs Angela x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow these are so adorable!
Beautiful cards!
hugs
kim x

Cyndi said...

great cards for the holiday season! The angel is super cute!

Christine said...

Both of your cards are great. That little angel is so cute!

Blessings,
Christine

Joy said...

such pretty cards! love all your creations! keep up the good work as I never have enough time! love the colors you chose to use. you always know just the right LO and DP to use =) have a great hump day!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Jodi, both of these cards a gorgeous. You have coloured them perfectly. xo Jackie

Heather Schlatter said...

Jodi,

Your coloring like so totally rocks on these creations your FBW card is so cute and the scene is amazing!!! Love it!!!

Those other images are way cute too I have been seeing lots of people using them!!!

Heather

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! Love them both!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful job you did on them both Jodi! :)

joni h said...

both cards are beautiful!! love the fairy. i'm a little intimidated by it because of the coloring that is needed to be done! so, i'll just enjoy what you create!! (cluck! cluck! i'm too chicken!!)
can't believe that you cut out the fairy too! "I'm not worthy!"

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these are just so sweet.

Denise said...

Hey Jodi, loving your cards, so Beautiful!!

Justine said...

Well I thought it about time I come check out your blog since we seem to visit all of the same blogs. Great artwork.
I am also from Hawaii but we are in Sicily. My daughter is home attending UH....... Mele Kalikimaka, Houoli Makahikiho

Shirley N said...

I love how you colored Holly Starshine--gorgeous card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both gorgeous Jodi!! I love your coloring!! Great colors and an awesome design!! That Holly fairy is too cute!!
hugs,
Chris

Teri said...

Awww, so precious! I love your Angel Emma and Holly Starshine is so cute! Both cards turned out fabulous!! xo, teri

Cassie said...

i love, love that pink emma angel. her wings are to die for!!

Michelle said...

Both card are awesome - really adore angel emma though! Great job with the FBW challenge this week!

Pam Varnell said...

Jodi these are both just adorable. Your coloring is just fab. Beautiful work girlfriend. Hugs!!

Ann Kranitz said...

These are gorgeous!!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Too much fun all these winged sweeties!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS