Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A "Modern" Manger

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last posting and I've been sooo busy with the cleaning of my craftroom and getting things ready for Christmas. My card for you today was made for the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge and Flutterby Wednesday Challenge.
The challenge for All That Scraps is to create a nativity scene but I wanted to do a modern take on it and created a modern manger for a baby.
I have used the stroller from a set called Oh Baby, which is in the Gingersnaps collection from All That Scraps and I used the angel from a CC Designs set called Angel Emma and can also be found at All That Scraps. She is playing some sweet music for this little baby. I have added some raffia to the bottom of the stroller to represent the manger that baby Jesus was born in.
I then added some gold stickles to the harp and stickles to her wings as well as some dew drops to the center of the wheels and on the card itself. The Flutterby Wednesday Challenge is an open challenge, which means you can create what ever you want as long as you have a butterfly, angel or fairy on your card.
Sure hope that you have a chance to join us in these challenges!!
Have a great day!!

28 comments:

Marley said...

Hi Jodi,
Looks awesomeee!! Love how you do those 2 stamps together.. great design ..xxx happy holidays Marley

margie c said...

Awww, what a sweet card! I love the lil stroller idea!

Will you be sharing pics of that lovely craft room? ;)

Happy Holidays to you and your hubby!!!
:*) margie

Dina said...

Adorable! The stroller is so cute as is the Angel, love her glittery wings!

Becky said...

What a sweetie, love the stroller.

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi this is precious, super cute image and lovely colors girl!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Sweetie!!! Hugs!

Cheryl said...

So sweet,a beautiful design and your images are just the cutest!!! Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!!
Hugs xx

Kim Y. said...

Super duper cute, Jodi! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Lelia said...

How absolutely adorable, Jodi!!! SO cute! Merry Christmas, sweetie!

Hugs,
Lelia

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Merry Christmas!
Hugs Riet.xx

Jen Shults said...

This is wonderful Jodi! Love how you put those two stamps together... just genius idea. I'd love to see your cleaned up craft room. :D

Denise said...

Jodi,
You are so Creative!! Love it. The stroller is so cute.
Happy Holidays & hope to see you at my next craft gathering!
Hugs,
Denise

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Jodi! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! xx

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet Jodi, Happy Holidays to you.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is such a beautiful card!
Soooo sweet!
hugs
kim x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is too creative Jodi!! I love your modern manger!! Love your angel!! Great layout and design!!

Merry Christmas!!

hugs,
Chris

Nancy said...

She is a cutie! I love this little angel, and I've been hemming and hawing over buying her!! Happy Holidays, Jodi!!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a lovely card Jodi. The images are super!
Merry Christmas to you, Jacqueline

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, well done. Love the raffia idea as well.

Happy Holidays!

Cyndi said...

very nice card! and creative idea with the baby carriage! Merry Christmas!

Danni said...

Wonderful job!

Cheryl said...

Jodi, this is so cute! I love that stamp. Merry Christmas!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is precious Jodi!!! How is the cleaning going? I hope you are accomplishing what you want to and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

Cami said...

Oh my, Jodi! This is just too darn cute! I love your "modern" manger... so creative with that stroller! You have chosen beautiful colors to work with for this card...soft like a baby and serene and angelic. Your thoughts are well put together! Hugs, Cami

Kim said...

Jodi that is so adorable! LOVE your take on the modern manger...so cute! Gorgeous coloring hun!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Michelle U said...

Merry Christmas Jodi! Thank you so much for my beautiful Christmas card! Have a wonderful one!

Hugs,
Michelle

Curt in Carmel said...

What a great take on this challenge! You are so very creative. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas and everything wonderful for the coming New Year! Best, Curt

Cindy Lee said...

Hello Jodi! Thanks for stopping by blog! I'm glad you did and it's nice to meet you!!! I looked through your blog and love your creations! Full of creativity!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet Jodi.. I love the way you created the scene in these soft colors.. Nicely done..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS