Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mmm...Gingerbread!

I just love all the different scents of the holidays, everything from peppermint to gingerbread! One of the things I look forward to in the mornings are the lattes that I get from Starbucks, they have their pumpkin spice latte, peppermint and gingerbread! Oh so yummy! Speaking of gingerbread here is a card I made with an image from Alota Rubberstamps. He comes from a collection called Christmas Cuties...isn't he cute!
I wanted to give this card a warm country-like flair so I used some gingham cardstock I found in my stash. I've also added some dew drops to the buttons on his clothes for a 3D effect and I also got to use my Martha Stewart gingerbread punch which matched him perfectly!
This card was made for the Alota Rubberstamps challenge over on Paper Craft Planet. The current challenge is to make anything Christmas, and you will have until Dec. 14th to enter your card or project for a chance to win the entire set of these cuties.
Thank you so much for all of the comments I have received these past few days as I know all of you are probably so very busy with the holidays and shopping. Each and every comment is so very appreciated!! Have a beautiful day!

20 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Jodi this is so sweet. Your coloring is so perfect.. I love the smell of Gingerbread too. That and cinnamon are my favorite scents for Christmas.. Great job.

Cheryl said...

oh he is so super sweet and you have made such a stunning card love the colurs too hugs cheryl xxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OH wow!! Jodi, this is just adorable!! Love your coloring and that ginham checked pattern in the background!! :)

Kris said...

this card is sooooo yummy CUTE!!! such a sweet image! =D and the papers are fabulous with it! hugs, Kris

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracey said...

This is adorable Jodi! I love that cutie gingerbread boy! xx

CraftyC said...

Aww, this is so cute Jodi, a lovely image
Clairex

joni h said...

yummy! such a cute card! love your coloring! the border punch is cute too!!

Jen Shults said...

Um, you aren't going team Taylor on me are you???!!!??? LOL.

I love this! You did such a fantastic job coloring this and I love the layout, it fits perfectly with your image. :D

Joy said...

so cute! love the gingerboy! he's too cute! girl...you got a lot of stuff! never even knew they made those punches! love the look of your card. I don't think I can keep up with you! hope you are having a wonderful day!

Jackie Thomas said...

This is so sweet Jodi. You have coloured him perfectly and the punch really sets it off. Love it. xo Jackie

Danni said...

Awww, this is so adorable!!

Anki said...

He's supercute! Hope you are doing fine my friend and that the X-mas plans are not too stressful! Kramis - Anki

Cyndi said...

i love your card! cute image! good luck on your challenge!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Jodi he is so so sweet.

Jessica G. said...

Such a sweet little guy and your shading is perfect -- his costume looks edible!

Shirley N said...

This is such a cutie!

Kylie said...

Your card is really sweet. I had to go back from the comments page to remember what your card was as I was still drooling over all the 'eye candy' you have on your side bars. Noice!!
Kylie xo

Cami said...

Oh Jodi! Now isn't this just the cutest little gingerbread boy?!!! Of course I love how you colored him and that gingham check paper is so perfect! What a yummy card! Love the small of gingerbread and a cookie would do perfect! Hugs, Cami

Panchi said...

ese diseƱo es creacion mia soy paula carina baez y lo realice para clipartoon.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS