Thursday, December 3, 2009

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All The Way!!

It's Day 3 for the opening of the Belles n' Whistles Blog Advent Calendar! Have you been there from the start? If not, don't worry just be sure to head there each day for a chance at something yummy from Santa Summer!! Here is a card I made using one of the many cute stamps from the store called Jingle Bells. I had to have this stamp the first time I saw it! Well, I had to have them all the first time I saw them! LOL!
When making this card I tried to stay away from adding too many embellishments because the image and background paper is already quite detailed. With that in mind I went for the smaller items like the half backed pearls.
These add to the card but don't take away from your focal point. The next thing I really really wanted to use was ribbon, and to use it as a bow. But instead of one I added 2! It was a last minute decision and wasn't sure if I should leave it as 2 but figured it looked ok.
Anyway, just thought I'd give you a little bit of how I piece my card together depending on the type, and size of my stamp. If you were ever wondering what to add to your card, hopefully these tips will come in handy!! Have a wonderful day!!

27 comments:

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

Up on the house top reindeer fly... Ohhhh I love that Christmas song, and you know Jodi, this is an AWESOME post!!! Bringing back so many fun memories....
Beautiful card girl!!!
Big Hugs
Lynda

Nicola said...

Your colouring is exquisite Jodi and ooh this image is to die for - your double bows are beautiful.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

diane (cookiestamper) said...

This is adorable, Jodi! I love the double bow! (And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog) :0)

Jen Shults said...

This is so cute Jodi! I love it! Your bows are fantastic... I need some bow making lessons I think because mine don't ever look this nice. :D

Dina said...

This is STUNNING!!! That background paper is beautiful as is that double bow. Love the image, so cute and your coloring is fantastic. Beautiful job!

Cheryl said...

Totally adorable,I can see why you wanted that image!!! Always superb colouring and your bows are beautiful!!!
Hugs xx

LINDA said...

This is simply gorgeous!! Love this image and its colored to perfection!!!Beautiful papers.. Very lovely work as always!!
Hugs, Linda

Becky said...

How precious is this image..and how gorgeous is this card...

Kris said...

it's a fun and sweet card Jodi!! i like that image!! it's really cute.. and i LOVE it even more with your story behind it! =D hugs, Kris

Teri said...

What a beautiful card Jodi! I love the image and the colors! xo, Teri

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

Jackie Thomas said...

Perfection. this truly is gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Jackie

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute!!

Joy said...

love your pretty brown bows! they really add to the card! such pretty cards...you must be ready for Christmas =) hope everything is going good with you. have a wonderful weekend...as we are on furlough Friday!

Kylie said...

Beautiful. I think the 2 bows look fantastic. Good decision.
Kylie xo

Denise said...

Hey Jodi
Love this card, you are thee Copic Queen! LOL
Hope all is well with you. Happy Holidays to you & your family!!

Angela said...

Beautiful card, the image is so sweet and coloured perfectly!! Love the 2 bows, it looks fab!!
hugs Angela x

joni h said...

Love it!! Your ribbon makes your card look like a present!
Have a great day!

Cassie said...

gorgeous times 10!

Cyndi said...

love this card! very festive!

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty pretty, I'm lovin that double bow.

Desire Fourie said...

Jodi, this is such a cheerful creation. You've coloured the image beautifully.
Hugs
Desire

Jodie from Oz said...

Jodi, Wow this is amazingly adorable, such a cutie with your wonderful colouring and your double bows just beautiful!!!
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Heather Schlatter said...

I adore this image Jodi and your creation as a whole is totally creative and wonderfully cute!!!

Heather

Kathy said...

Jodi I just adore this card!!! That paper is so pretty and your double bow is awesome!! So pretty!! Of course this image is wonderful as well!
:)Kathy

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Love this - too cute and i really like your double bows - very cool!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS