Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Santa and Pumpkins?

Did you wonder what the title of my post meant? No, I didn't create a card with Santa and pumpkins in his sack, LOL! I just combined 2 card for 2 different challenges! My first card is for Flutterby Wednesday where the challenge is to create a card using circles.
I of course had to create with my cute little image from CC Designs which is perfect for Thanksgiving. I've had her since Halloween and only had a chance to ink her up now. The circles I've used are made with my nestabilities.
To accent my card, I added little dots of liquid pearls on the scalloped nestability, and a dew drop in each corner of the card. Lastly some glitter for her wings. Be sure to stop by each of the other DT blogs to see what they have created for this challenge! Ann, Cassie, Chris, Christine, Harriet, Heather, Karen, Kris, Kristie, Lelia, Michelle, Nancy, Nicola, Pam, Stef, Taylor.
My next card was created for the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge! This week's challenge is a sketch challenge, and a very fun one too! Check out the blog to see the sketch! Come on and join the fun, remember you do not need to have a CC Designs stamp to participate. You can participate using any stamp that is sold at All That Scraps.
The stamp I used is from Whiff of Joy and is called Quiet Santa. I love all of the santas in this collection they have the cutest faces!! When making my card I wanted to be sure you were able to see the different prints of papers so I have added red cardstock to the back of each one as well as alternating it with a piece of embossed white cardstock using my cuttlebug folder.
Last, I added the black ribbon to simulate the tie around santa's bag of toys and his belt. Sure hope you have a chance to join in on both of these fun challenges even though it's a busy Thanksgiving week! If you are unable to stop by tomorrow, I'd like to wish each and everyone of you and your families a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!!
Have a great day!

32 comments:

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Both cards are very cute and wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are both absolutely stunning!

happy thanksgiving.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!!! Jodi, these are just fabulous sweetie!! What gorgeous coloring on both images!! WOW!! Just wanted to stop by and be sure to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday my friend!! HUGS

Karen Wilson said...

Both your cards are beautiful. I love the bright colors. The images are too cute!!! Have to say, LOVING all those Edward pics!!! LOL! I have yet to see New Moon!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! I believe your Thanksgiving is like our Xmas here. We don't have any huge sales with Thanksgiving, but we do on Boxing Day. Sounds like it's very busy in the states over the next few days!

Lelia said...

Jodi, these are both absolutely adorable! I love them! :O) Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Lelia

Jen Shults said...

Oh my both of these are just gorgeous Jodi! I love that sweet little girl with the pumpkins, she's adorable and your Santa card is FANTASTIC, the subtlety of your shading is amazing. Gorgeous work girl!

Nicola said...

Wowzers your colouring is amazing Jodi and these images are just adorable. Love your papers and details.
Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving,
Nicola -x-

Dina said...

These are both so sweet and your coloring is off the charts! Great layouts!

Kris said...

I would have said Santa loves pumpkin pie... LOL! awesome cards Jodi!!! love the detailing and colors! the pumpkin pixie is really cute!! have a wonderful Wednesday!! hugs, Kris

Cassie said...

these are both gorgeous!! you are making me want those sweet pixies!!!!!

Shirley N said...

Love both cards, Jodi! Your Christmas card layout is awesome--love your DP and your coloring of Santa is gorgeous! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

HazelQ said...

Beautiful cards Jodi! I love the CC Designs stamp, soo cute.
Hugs
Hazel

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina said...

two beautifully coloured cards Jodi, and theres nothing wrong with pumpkis at christmas especially one this cute
Mina xxx

Michelle said...

Oh Jodi - both cards are beautiful! I just got the Santa image and can't wait to use it. The papers you choose are beautiful. Love those pixies and your pumpkin fairy is adorable. Her wings are so pretty! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cindy Haffner said...

What sweetness, I love both cards.

Joy said...

such cute cards! I love the cc design...I think she's still my favorite! love how you colored her and added her to the card! love those circles =) cute santa too! very pretty DP! wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving Jodi! Eat plenty, shop lots!

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

GET OUT OF HERE!!!! That pumpkin card OH MY GOODNESS Jodi... WAY tooooo Cute! and the santa card... Well that's stinkin cute too. I love them both! Oh Man, I don't even know what to say! LOL Imagine that!
Great Big Hugs
Lynda

Danni said...

How clever to use Pippi for thanksgiving!! Cute card!!
Santa is adorable too!

Harriet Skelly said...

Both cards are great - and your coloring is awesome! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Hugs, Harriet

Crystal said...

These are AWESOME!!! What can I say I LOVE them both!!! DARLING!!!!

Linda said...

Hi Jodi! You know I love ALL your cards, right? But what I'm really loving about your blog tonight are the two new pictures of Taylor!!! LOL! Had lots of fun with you today! I'll talk to you soon ... Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sophie and B! Hugs, Linda

Christine said...

Your little punkin is adorable!!! I love both of your cards.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings,
Christine

Cyndi said...

Love your cards! Have a nice thanksgiving!

Cami said...

LOVE both of your cards, Jodi! Your coloring is astounding and the layouts on both are wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs, Cami

cats whiskers said...

Oh dear these are two fabulous cards here, love them both Have a great Thanksgiving dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Jodi, these cards are so adorable. You have coloured them brilliantly. I love it. Thanks for your lovely comments you left on my blog. xo Jackie

eunice said...

Love your cards, Jodi! Awesome coloring, and love how you layered everything together to create the cards. Thanks for always sharing your creative ideas, Jodi! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Janis said...

Such cute cards Jodi. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, Janis

Dawn B. said...

Jodi this is beautiful. Your coloring is so pretty.. Hope your Thanksgiving was awesome..

Tina said...

oh my wow = I love the santa card - so happy - great job TFS

Heather Schlatter said...

Jodi,

Seriously both of these creations are ultra adorable I just love them and I love your coloring and your paper and color choices you rock my stamping friend!!!!

Heather

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS