Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Flutterby, Under The Weather Day

Whoo hoo!! Just a few more hours for those of you Twilight fans...New Moon will make it's debut at the theatres!! I'm one of those lucky ones that got tickets to the first showing at midnight too!
Stick around for tomorrow's post with Twilight Tuesday, my photos and review!!
In the meantime, I've got these to share with you.
Here is a box I've made which is a card and a drawer (to fill things with) all in one! The image is a newbie of Sick Lily from Pink Cat Studio's Digital Store. The other new image is of Sick Billy. I think it's so cute that they even have a remote control! =)
This is the box opened up like a card. These sentiments are free digital ones from Pink Cat's Digital store that go perfectly with the image.
Since Lily is sick, I filled it with some cough drops and will be giving this to a co-worker who is trying to get rid of a cough. Looks like I will be making more of these as this is the season where everyone starts getting sick. If you'd like to create a box like this too, I have used the tutorial created by my very sweet friend Teri!
Here is a card I have made for Flutterby Wednesday, it was supposed to be a post for yesterday but I just could not get the color right for her. This is Nora from CC Designs she is one of the Christmas stamps now available. I decided to use the non traditional colors for the holidays since pink is my favorite color. =)
One of the fun things I had when getting my card together and coloring was being able to add all kinds of things to her clothes. I was thinking to add pearls for the buttons on her coat and earrings but I went for the bling since there is no better time for it than the holidays! I've also added some glitter around her for snow. We also have 3 new additional members to the Flutterby team and I'd like to welcome them Kris, Karen and Pam!
Have a great day everyone!

34 comments:

Angela said...

They are all gorgeous, love those digi images, soo cute!!
hugs Angela x

CraftyC said...

Your box is gorgeous and the card is so pretty. Love the non traditional colours!
Clairex

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the little get well gift set! such a great image! such agreat idea!!

Marley said...

STUNNING!! xx hugs Marley

Michelle U said...

This is such a sweet idea! So cute I love it! Have fun at the New Moon premiere, I am too scared to deal with all the screaming teenagers.

Hugs,
Michelle

Teri said...

Aww, LOVE your box jodi! Glad that you were able to follow my tutorial. Hope your co-worker enjoys your sweet get well box. The image is so cute too! xoxo, Teri

Tammi said...

Oh wow, these are all so cute, great gift idea!! The images are darling...ack I can't buy anymore (but probably will)! lol Enjoy the movie!!! We have a ton of sold out shows, glad I got my tickets already! :) ~Hugs

Deconstructing Jen said...

How adorable are those boxes! That is just a genius idea. I love love love that!!! And your card is just gorgeous!

Anki said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning and love your gift set. That's something that we def. would need in our house these days - take care of yourself! Kram - Anki

Amy said...

Ooooh that box of coughdrops is such a cute and clever idea and I totally love your pink Christmas card too... those earrings you added are perfect! :)

Tracey Feeger said...

Jodi these are gorgeous cards. Love them both.

I have seen New Moon. Fantastic, brilliant, OMG am wavering toward Team Jacob but will always be Team Edward LOL. The best movie ever.
mwah
Trace

Kylie said...

These look fantastic. Love the box and card idea in one. Love the images. Looks like I'm going shopping!
Kylie xo

Cindy Haffner said...

Are these all all so fun and pretty.

Shirley N said...

I think Sick Lily is such a sweet card and thoughtful gift set and your colors for Nora ended up just perfect--love that pink and green combo and love all your bling!

Kathy said...

This box is so cute!! Love the whole idea of it!! That image is so cute as well!! YOur CC designs card is so pretty as well! LOve your color combo and fabulous layout!!
Have fun at the Movie ~ your so lucky! I will be back to see what you thought of it!!
:)kathy

Cheryl said...

Your box is so cute Jodi! I still have to try to make one. I love your card too! Very pretty and the coloring is gorgeous!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Your creations are wonderful, very cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

Emily Leiphart said...

Riiiiicola! LOL Love your little card boxes and Nora is very sweet, too!

Tracey said...

So much cuteness in this post Jodi! Live the boxes with the Pink Cat images! So cute! And the card is just gorgeous!! xx

helen ... said...

waw great crad, and i like how you decorate the box, =)
hugsssss
helen

Debbie said...

What a great idea for someone who has a cold or the dreaded flu. They are both fantastic..

Oh and enjoy the movie..

Nancy said...

Love the box, Jodi!! I'll have to try that tutorial!! Your FBW card is awesome, especially the colors!! Awesome job!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

my DIL is going to see the movie tomorrow. she's addicted to it!

what a stunning FBW card! your coloring is absolutely awesome.

and your boxes are fabulous! such a great idea.

hugs,

Nicola said...

Wowzers Jodi it is always a pleasure to view your blog as your creations rock. These boxes are awesome and could be used for any occassion at all and how sweet is that FBW card ... ooh and your colouring is amazing girl.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Crystal said...

AWWW Jodi fabulous projects, your card is darling and your get well gifts are FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Your card is so sweet, and that box card is AMAZINGLY CREATIVE! I have to make one or two or 100! I can see so many possibilities for Christmas!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Best, Curt

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

These are AMAZING Jodi! I found you from my friend Ann's blog and I LOVE all of your stuff! Any gal named Jodi who LOVES Edward just must be my pal! LOL!!!

Kris said...

Love the under the weather box!! that's such a thoughtful gift!!! and how LOVELY is your Flutter by card!!! it's so cute... TFS all your goodies and THANK YOU for the welcoming to the team! i'm excited! hugs, Kris

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

those boxes would make anyone feel better :)

joni h said...

Cute as ever, Jodi!! Love what you did with the PCS & the cough drops! Great idea! Have a great weekend!

Rach said...

gorgeous creations jodi.
hugs rachxx

Mina said...

wow Jodi these are gorgeous and such a brilliant idea to cheer anyone up...thanks so much for visiting my blog
Mina xxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Such a gorgeous box Jodi!! Your coloring is just amazing!!

Rita said...

Both card & box creation are beautiful & a great little gift that anyone would love!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS