Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hot Cocoa and Hanukkah

Have you been to the Pink Cat Studio Digital store yet? If not, you are really missing out on some of the cutest images!! Today and every Thursday Melissa will be releasing a number of new images! I've got 2 of the new ones that you can get now. My first card is Lily drinking hot cocoa.
I decided to go for a clean and simple look for my cards and also some non traditional colors. Don't you think she is a cutie? I think one of the fun things about these images are their clothing for the winter. I love to add 3D items such as liquid applique and flowersoft.
Here's a close up of the flowersoft I added to her coat and hood. I wanted to try different colors of flowersoft for her instead of always using white. The only part I used white was for her hood since the colored flowersoft was a bit too much.
My second card is Billy with menorah and dreidel. He is ready to celebrate Hanukkah! I am not Jewish and wasn't too familiar with what a dreidel was, so I googled it and found more info here.
I tried to keep this toward the masculine side and used more neutral colors. Head on over to the Pink Cat Digital Store now to see and get all the other images available this week!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the Belles n' Whistles Holiday Blog hop! You really will not want to miss this... believe me!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Card #1:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Digital Images ( Lily with hot cocoa)
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, DSP (unknown)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, pearls, MS Loop border punch
Card#2:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Digital Images (Billy with Menorah)
Paper: So Saffron, DSP (unknown)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Raffia Lace

24 comments:

Tammy D said...

I saw that cute cocoa stamp and thought it was cute. I really liked had you did with the "fur" trim on it. Both cards are super cute.

Sara said...

OMG! i love your cards they are tooooo cute!

xoxo
sarabeth

Risa said...

Hi Jodi,
I love the clean and simple look to both of your cards! Both images are so cute and embellished to a "T"!
hugs
Risa:)

Ann Kranitz said...

O my goodness!!! I am thrilled beyond thrilled to see this Hanukkah card on your blog. I AM Jewish and it is so hard to find cute Hanukkah stamps. This one is so very perfect!!! And you made everything about these two cards fabulous!!! TFS

Kris said...

Great cards girl! love the use of the different colored flowersoft on the ends of her coat... looks fabulous! Awesome job on both! hugs, Kris

Jenny said...

Jodi,
Love these new images! Thanks for letting us know they are now available! I love your flowersoft card.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!!! These are both just ADORABLE!! I love your top card with the fur trimming and sparkle!! Your coloring is so sweet hun!! TFS! HUGS

Annie said...

such a cute card and I love the texture you added to the image. hugs, annie x

Michelle U said...

These are so darn cute! I have to get my flocking out and dust it off, lol. It's perfect for Christmas!

Hugs,
Michelle

margie c said...

Both cards are sooo cute! I really do love the non-traditional colors you've been using! So versatile!
Great job :*)

Maria Matter said...

these are so sweet Jodi!
beautiful cards hun!!!
Blessings, Maria

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute cards!!

Berenice said...

Your cards are adorable! :)

Cyndi said...

wonderful cards! i like how they are non traditional colors!

Emily Leiphart said...

It's so fun that you're joining us for the new digi releases! I love how you used flower soft on Lily's coat and that Billy Hanukkah card is just beautiful!

joni h said...

super cute as always, jodi! I feel like a cup of hot cocoa now too! love your coloring!!

Maria said...

Oooh, cute Jodi! I love both your cards. . .simplicity is good. It really shows off the images. Love all the fluffiness on Lilly's coat. Very pretty. Billy looks fantastic too! Hope all is well over there in Hawaii!

Maria

Marisa said...

Jodi! Love the cards! Very wintery! :)

Cheryl said...

totally love your cards great images and love the papers too love cheryl xxx

Tracey said...

So adorable! I am loving both of these Jodi! xx

Joy said...

such cute cards! love that flowersoft stuff. it really does make it stand out! you are so wonderful in your layouts and ideas! I need to get in that mind of yours...hahaha! have a happy halloween!

Cami said...

Both of these cards are very cute and I like the clean and simple look. Focus stays on the images that you have colored so beautifully, and oh, that liquid applique and flower soft takes it to another level! Hugs, Cami

Rita said...

Awesome!

Jodie from Oz said...

Jodi, Love your sweet, sweet cards!
They are adorable and your design and detail is amazing! I'm sorry I am so behind with my blog hopping but did not want to miss any of your wonderful creations. hugs Jodie from Oz

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS