Monday, September 7, 2009

ROP & CSAYL

How's that for a pair of acronymns? Makes me think of CSI or NYPD Blue... lol. Anyway, the first card I have to share with you today for the Roses on Paper Challenge which begins today! The challenge is to create a card using Lavendar, Soft Blue and Cream. I especially enjoyed working with these colors and this cute image! This image is from Belles n' Whistles called Sisters which happens to be another favorite of mine from this line!
You definitely can use your BnW stamps for this challenge since that blog is now combined with the Roses on Paper challenge!!
I just have to give this card to my sister, I know that she loves Elisabeth Bell's creations!
I sure hope that you have a chance to participate in this challenge since it does run for 2 weeks! Be sure to check out what the rest of the DT has created and post your card HERE.
The next card I have to share with you is for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! Yes, it really is September everyone and I suggest if you plan to make cards this year and especially if you have not started on them, now is a great time! The challenge this week is for you to do some paper piecing on your card. I don't really do a lot of it but had fun with this one!
I've had this cute little guy from last Christmas and finally got to use him for this year!
For those of you who don't like to color too much I think paper piecing is probably the perfect technique to use. Here it's all colored and even has a pattern/design that you don't need to worry about! It can also make your cards easier to piece together.
We'd love to see what you will create with this techinque so please be sure to post your card HERE.
I know I have not been able to comment on your blogs in the last couple of days but will be getting around to that later today. I am in the middle of trying to clean out and organize my craftroom, it will take time but I have to start somewhere. Thank you so much for any comments you may leave. Have a wonderful day!!
Here are the details for both cards:
Card #1:
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria DSP, Lavendar Bazzill CS, Neenah Vanilla CS
Copics: Hair: E31, E25. Face: E00, E11, R20. Blouse: BV000, BV00, BV01.
Pants: B21, B41. Grass: G20, G21, G40.
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Organdy Ribbon
Card #2:
Stamp: Itzie Inkies Bear (CC Designs)
Paper: Printed DSP (unknown), Night of Navy CS, Neenah CS
Copics: Bear: E31, E34, E47. Carrot: YR000, YR07, YR09. Background: B000.
Accessories: Dew Drops, Nestabilities, Liquid Pearls, Dazzling Diamonds

31 comments:

Cheryl said...

Two beautiful cards,the designs and colours are fantastic.......and I just adore those sweet images!!!
Hugs xx

LINDA said...

These are both just fantastic.. Love the adorable little images.. and the colors are just perfect.. Very lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Ilissa said...

Ever since I found your blog I have just adored your coloring and cards you create. But this sister set card, has to be one of my favorites. I have 2 sisters of my own and that totally reminds me of them. They live in LV and LA. I ordered me one and have not used it yet, maybe I'll try one now. TFS

Maria Matter said...

oh, your ROP is gorgeous, what lovely colors!!!

and your CSAYL card is absolutely adorable...I love the paper piecing!!
Both are fabulous Jodi!!!
Blessings, Maria

Faerielore said...

both are gorgeous i love the sparkly snowman xxxx

Cathy said...

These are both great, Jodi!!! I love the EB card. So beautiful!! Your CSAYL card is adorable as well. I love paper piecing!! It's a fun change of technique every now and then! Hugs, Cathy

Kim Y. said...

Awesome cards, Jodi! I especially like Belles!

margie c said...

Your cards are outstanding!
That first card, the image is adorable! and you colored it so beautifully!
... and te 2nd card, is waaaay cute! I love snowmen! For the holidays, I always decorate with a snowman, blue/white, snowflake theme! It's so whimsical!
Plus - I don't have to take down the decorations so quickly after the holidays ;) lol!
Big Hugs, margie

joni h said...

awesome cards! love the softness of the "sisters" card and the sparkle on the xmas card. thanks for the tip on the paper piecing, but, even that is a task in itself...ahh the decisions. thanks for the inspirations!

Kris said...

Cards are awesome Jodi! Love the sister card!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Grat cards Jodi. Really cute and beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

so cute!! the first one is just adorable really love the colours you have used!

Tracey Feeger said...

Absolutely gorgeous as usual. Love the xmas one.
mwah
Trace

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!!!
Two stunning cards!
Love your beautiful designs and detail!
hugs
kim x

Teri said...

Wow! Love both cards! Love the Sisters image and everything about this card is so sweet, just like you!!! Aww, love the bear and snowman and the paper piecing is awesome!! xo, Teri

Crystal said...

Jodi these are BEAUTIFUL!

Kyoko said...

Okay, how SWEET is that sister card!!! I just love your coloring!

Denise said...

Hey Jodi,
Very Beautiful card!! Missed you yesterday, hope to see you soon.
Hugs~

Cami said...

Jodi, these two cards are just so pretty! Your coloring is just so beautiful and I know it will take me years and years to achieve that level! Great job as always! Cami

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Awww, your CSAYL card is adorable and you did a fantastic job with your paper piecing!!! I love the image. . such a cutie! Your first card is so pretty. . .I love all the pretty flowers that you added. . .and great job on your coloring too!

Gosh, I really do need to reorganize my craft room too. . I'm busting out of the seams and now, flowing out into the hallway. My husband hates it when that happens. He says my room is a fire hazard! LOL! Have fun cleaning! Take pics when you're done!

Maria

Islander Girl said...

Love both cards! The first one is just so soft and pretty!!! I love your coloring, but hey, you already knew that! LOL!

Hope you're having a great Tuesday!
Aloha

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh your cards are gorgeous!!!

Tina said...

wow - these cards are amazing - love oyur coloring. Oh and the snowman - too cute love the shimmer!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards Jodi! Love the BnW one!!! What a great card for your sister!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Lilian said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi! My fave is the BnW one. GORGEOUS ccoloring, color combo and layout! I have to case it someday :) Have a wonderful day!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both gorgeous Jodi but I just love the colors, coloring and design of the first creation!! To sweet!!

hugs,
Chris

Curt in Carmel said...

Your first card is gorgeous and your second card is simply ADORABLE. I just love your style! Best, Curt

Risa said...

Hi Jodi,
Both of your cards are adorable, especially the ROP card! I'm in love with this color combo already:) Your image is so cute and colored in beautifully! Your sister is going to LOVE her card!
hugs
Risa:)

Nicola said...

Wowee Jodi, what stunning creations. Love the gorgeous image and your amazing colouring with soft tones on 1st card and the bear and snowman with paper peicing is adorable - love the sparkle.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Rosette said...

They are awesome Jodi dear!! Love all the work you did on them :))

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS