Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Got The Blues?

Time for another Flutterby Wednesday! It's the last Wednesday of the month for September and since this is Danni's Birthday month she is giving away some candy! Find out more details HERE. The challenge she chose this week is to create a card with a butterfly or a fairy but you must somehow incorporate the color Sapphire.
So I decided not to use my copics to color and chose to sponge the ink over the stamped image. I was going to do this on glossy paper but could not find where I put it... lol. Instead I just used Neenah CS. I was rather pleased with the way it turned out.
When you google the word Sapphire you will see a variety of shades of blue that could easily become that color. This was a fun challenge and great way to use things too.
To View the creations from the rest of the DT, click HERE.

16 comments:

Nicola said...

Ooh wowee what gorgeous butterflies, they are so impressive with your inking Jodi - a truly stunning creation. I too googled saphire and was pleased to find more than a few shades.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Ann Kranitz said...

GASP!!! Clunk!! (me falling on the floor!!) This is absolutely A-MAZE-ING!!!! LOVE LOVE it!! Glad also to see you back blogging...was getting alittle worried 'bout cha!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! like WOW! it's awesome!!!!!

hugs,

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Jodi!! Sometimes simplicity is just stellar!! I love it!

Kris said...

Love it! everything is so perfect!
hugs, Kris

Clare (Littlebear) said...

This is beautiful Jodi, I do love butterflies and these are perfect.
Clare x

Jenny said...

I really like it, great colors!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this sapphire challenge!!! I love everyone's creations with the blue!! Look at all these awesome butterflies!!! Glad to see you back!! Missed you!!

I have blog candy up for my birthday. Hope you have a chance to check it out!!

hugs,
Chris

Cyndi said...

Well done card! I love the color!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Jodi, this is just gorgeous hun!! LOVE the colors and pretty image!! HUGS

Penni said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi - I love this butterfly and the colour is amazing.

Hugs
Penni
X

Danni said...

How neat!! What a great card!!

Kristie said...

What a gorgeous card! Love it!

Michelle said...

Jodi - what a beautiful card. THose butterflies are awesome! So pretty!! Perfect card for the challenge this week!!

Glad your blogging again - look forward to seeing your creations!

Kim Y. said...

Now I really like this idea! Perfect coloring as well!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jodi,

This is totally totally totally one of my very favorite cards of your on our Flutter By Team!!! You did a very elegant very very stunning card here and the blues (and even the BR**N's) are gorgeous on this card!!!

Love Love Love it!!!

Heather

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS