Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Up On The Rooftop and RAKs

Good morning! Here is the Christmas card I was to post yesterday but wasn't able to. The Challenge for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is to create a card that is not the traditional card size, or you can make a card into a different shape such as a circle. I decided to take it to another level by making the card into a chimney on the roof top. Who says Tilda can't be our little Santa!
Well, to create this card I used a circle punch and mounted each layer on each other for a 3D look. Prior to that I edged the circles with a sponge and white kraft ink. Then used my MS Punch for the icicles. This Tilda is not a Christmas stamp but I think either a Valentine image or all occassion but I made her look Christmas-y. (Is that even a word??) Oh well.
So this is my card from the side. you can see it really is a card and that the circles are overlapping each other. To get the circles to appear popped up, I placed a piece of mounting tape under each one. Be sure to upload your card to the challenge HERE so we all can see your wonderful creations!
This Sunday I went to Denise's house and met up with Jamee, Kyoko and Linda for a small crafting day. Kyoko finally watched Twilight but I think she was having too much fun crafting that we may have to have her watch it again. lol! Here are the goodies that I got that day!! The first is a card that Jamee made for me a while back and I only had a chance to post that now. =(
Isn't is so cute and sweet! I really want to show you what she gave me on Sunday but will wait for Jamee to say when. You will LOVE what she made too!!
Below is a RAK I received from Linda! OMG, who could resist this, not me!! I just fell in love with all of these goodies! Linda printed pics of Edward on such awesome photo paper that they look like I took them with my own camera! LOVE him! Check out the cute folder she made and all the keychains too! Oh boy you spoil me girl!

My next RAK came from Denise! She had also given me a pack of pink cardstock from stampin' up as well as this bag of goodies! Wow, now I have to start using those for my projects! She really knows how to spoil me with all pink things! Hee hee!! =)
Last but definitely not least, is a RAK from Kyoko!! Wow again! Okay, now I really have to start creating more and using my craft items! How sweet of Kyoko to give me those pretty butterflies! Love butterflies and they are just perfect for my Flutterby Wednesday challenge! Do you see those colorful beads in the photo.., well I thought that was candy! Hey any one would say the same thing if you saw it in person. They are not dew drops either! It is a craft item that reminds me of dew drops though. =)
The RAK I have for them was not finished in time so I will either meet up with them or send it out. Thanks for such a fun day girls!! Hope all of you are having a great day!!
Here are the details for my card.
Paper: Chocolate Chip CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Memento Black, White Kraft Ink
Copics: Face: E00, E11, R20. Hair: E31, E47,E49. Shirt: R27, R29, R35.
Pants/Gift: YG05, G14. Shoes: E31, E39.
Accessories: SU Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch, Sponge, mounting tape.

37 comments:

Faerielore said...

beautiful card hun, love how you have made the roof top, its so effective and what fab RAKS !!! i especially LOVE the edward one, i love edward cullen!!!! xxxx

Penny said...

Oh that card is absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Berenice said...

Awesome card! So lovely RAKs :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

ACK!! That top card is soooo stinkin' awesome!! WOW!! What a lucky girl you are! Some awesome friends!! :) HUGS

Tammy said...

Wow what a great line up. I am loving the Magnolia card. I just love that. Your Edward card..augh! Fantastic!

Rita said...

OMGosh Jodi...this card is so AWESOME! You so amaze me with your creativity, you rock girl!!! I luv it!!!

Great RAK's from all your friends!

Kim Y. said...

Oh my goodness, Jodi! I love your card!! It's stunning!!!
Great RAKS too!

Janis said...

Love your Tilda card. I'm so amazed by all of the layering you did for the roof. And, great RAKs from an awesome bunch of crafters!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, Jodi, this is over-the-top fabulous....you are so creative my friend! I just love popping over here to see what wonderful creations you have to share!

blessings, Maria

LINDA said...

Stunning card!!! Love the roof top, really awesome..WOW!! What wonderful RAK you have received..Lucky Girl!!
Hugs, Linda

Denise said...

Glad you like all the pink! LOL It sure was fun, and the dessert was finished off last night!

Kris said...

Hey Jodi!! Love the RAKs... especial the Edward one!!! LOVE him too! LOL... your roof top card just blew me away... extremely adorable... Awesome job on that one... Have a happy tuesday!! can't wait to see what you creat next!

Denise said...

O yeah, forgot to tell you that your card is STUNNING!!

Jenny said...

Hi Jodi,
What a creative card! You did an awesome job.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Shirley N said...

How do you do it--you outdid yourself! That card is so darn cute and your coloring is just amazing!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness! This card is something else! You've outdone yourself girl! I love, love, love it! So much detail - its gorgeous! Have a great day and ttyl! Hugs, Linda

P.S.: Love that "The Hills Are Alive"! LOL!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Jodi you all have just the most fun!
Love your card it is totally fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Michele said...

Fabulous card with such details! Great job.

Crystal said...

Holy Moly Jodi I LOVE your roof top card!!! How creative and ADORABLE!!! WOW LOVE IT!!! You rock girl!

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG! Jodi, your card is FANTASTIC! I love shaped cards, and this one is so awesome!! hugs!

joni h said...

WOW! Awesome Christmas card!! You're amazing!! Great RAKs!

Alex said...

WOW: Love this card idea of the roof top :) Great job with all those circles and the Tilda stamp.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! What an awesome bunch of RAKS! I love your Christmas card!! I love the unique design!! You are always so creative.
hugs,
Chris

Islander Girl said...

Great RAKs!!!!! And OMG your card! Wow, the details in it! I can't believe you adhered all the circles one by one! I'm still thinking of what I should do for my Christmas cards this year...

Aloha!

Tracey said...

What a fabulous card Jodi. SO creative. And great RAKs - you're a lucky girl! xx

Cheryl said...

Fantastic,love everything about it....you are so very talented!!! Love all your goodies as well,have fun with it all!! BTW I have an award on my blog for you!!
Hugs xx

Allison said...

Your card rocks the planet...off to add it to Me Likeys for today!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jodi that roof top card is genious!!! I love how you did that and I really enjoyed seeing your RAKs too!!1

Sorry I am so late getting by to see last weeks FBW card but better late than never??? I did not want to miss out on any of the teams creations so I wanted to get by before the next challenge starts tomorrow!!!

Heather

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodi, wow hunny what lovley RAKs you have received, and what a gorgeous rooftop card, i am loving it, so clever!! hope you have a great day, its raining here! hugs Linda x

Myzdamena's World said...

I love that roof card.. you don't usually see stamps coloured in so boldly... I think Tilda looks like she enjoys being all Christmassy and bold :)

Bluemoon said...

Your tilda card is awesome, she sure looks like a Christmas gal, and I luv how you designed your roof. Very creative idea!!

Vicki said...

Wow Jodi, I am just loving your roof top card it's fabulous, well done to you!

Hugs
Vicki x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Marisa said...

Jodi, great design choice! This is a really nice 3-D Christmas card! Great RAKs from some awesome ladies! :)

Cami said...

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi, I love your up on the rooftop! Too cute and all those circles and layering and coloring and glitter... Wow! And what wonderful RAKs you got from the "fun bunch!" It's so nice to have wonderful friends who share and have fun with. Well, you share so much with all of us too! Enjoy your gifts. Hugs, Cami

Kim said...

Oh my word girlfriend that is an AMAZING card! Love the shape!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Iren said...

WOW this one is so special and beautiful!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS