Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Days

Looks like school's back in session for everyone which means it's time to hit the books! This reminded me to want to use the papers I have just for the occassion and also to use the stamps that would match them. One of the stamps I have not yet used is Annika! She comes to us from The Greeting Farm and can be purchased HERE! I love all the stamps from this company and actually have all of them but not enough time to use them. LOL! Anyway, onto my card.
The papers I have come from the school stack made by DCWV. I love the bold colors and prints this company produced for this line. For the summer, bold colors work the best and one of my favorite color combos for the summer are red and orange. You may have seen quite a bit of that in few of my previous postings. =) So I colored her in those colors, cut her out, mounted her on an embossed piece of cardstock and used my scallop nestabilities to embellish.
I also added a bright yellow ribbon just to "tie" it all together! The school year will go by quick kiddos so enjoy and make the best of it! I hope all of you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for taking the time to leave me your sweet comments, they are all very appreciated!!
I'll be back tomorrow with an awesome blog hop for In Style Stamps that you won't want to miss! Speaking of In Style Stamps, something NEW is on the way... (I will announce that tomorrow)!!
Paper: DCWV The School Stack, Real Red CS, Neenah CS
Copics: Face: E00, E11, R20. Hair: E31, E25. Clothes: R24, R27, R29, YR02, YR07, Yr09.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Yellow polka dot grosgrain ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
(swiss dots)

35 comments:

Penny said...

wicked wicked cute :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi, she is the Cutest!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Cyndi said...

super cute card! always love your coloring! and wow, you have all TGF stamps...that is a LOT!

Tiffaney in VA said...

She's adorable!! I lovey the way you colored her. TFS!

Cathy said...

This is an awesome card Jodi!!! Love the colors and those papers are too cute!! Hugs, Cathy

Erin said...

Stunning card, so so sweet, I love it!
Hugs
Erin x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi!! Really love the papers and the sewing detail!! HUGS

Kim Y. said...

CUTE!! I love TGF! For real, you have all their stamps!!??!!

Cheryl said...

So,So cute......Love everything about it!!!
Hugs xx

Margie said...

OME! She is just too sweet!!! Too cute!!! I just colored in my Annika in last night for the first time too ;) I just had to get her, she's my Bella to lil Edward! hee, hee!!!

Hugs to you!
~ margie

Tracey said...

I love this!! The papers are fabulous!! xx

Berenice said...

Super cute card! TFS :)

Kris said...

Cute Card Jodi! Love the DP... and Annika is perfect for this card... with her books! kinda wish I was going to school... LOL.. TFS! Have a great day!

Shirley N said...

Awww, this is so darn cute! Your coloring is great and your layout is perfect!

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Ilissa said...

Yet another adorable card. Great coloring too!! Your so good! TFS

Jenny said...

Hi Jodi,
You are a master at coloring! I love the DP too- nice job!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Jodi what a darling card hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Jenny said...

Hi Jodi! She is such a cutie. I haven't colored this TGF image yet. You colored her so perfect.Love the DP you use. Have a great day!

Jenny V.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is so very gorgeous Jodi!
Fabulous card!
hugs
kim x

Jill said...

aww Jodi this is gorgeous I love the image hugS Jill xx

LINDA said...

Super awesome.. every thing goes so well together.. Love that paper..Great coloring to..
Hugs, Linda

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Your card is really cute, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

oh my Jodi I LOVE this image!!! SOOO CUTE!

joni h said...

Hi Jodi! Crazy cute! So innocent, just like me when I was in school! HA!HA! Love the bright & cheery colors.

Joy said...

such a darling! loved using her too for my daughter! she's so cute! this is a great card for those kiddies going back to school or their teachers! love your work! sorry that I haven't been able to return your calls...probably after next week the calls here at work will die down and I can talk on the phone for personal use. I'm trying to fit in blogging comments...in between calls! TTYL!

Cindy Haffner said...

Miss Anya is so sweet.

Marley said...

Really nice card.. love how you coloured the girl.. xxx Marley

Allison said...

Oh gawd...must CASE this with all this Grade School DP I have hanging around! Heart it (and want that stamp too!).

Islander Girl said...

OOoh I like this! Love the paper you used! Goes so well together!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Another cutie Jodi!! I love the paper you paired her up with.

cabio's craft corner said...

Very cute image and the DP looks so yummy. Fun color fun for a back to school card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kyoko said...

I love the vibrant colors on your card! It makes me SMILE!

Teri said...

Oh Jodi! I just LOVE this beautiful card!! The colors are so happy! Great paper and of course, the cute image!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS