Monday, August 3, 2009

Method Monday for In Style Stamps: Post It Purse

It's my turn for Method Monday at In Style Stamps and I've created a post it purse! I've made it a purse just because I thought if I added a ribbon for a handle, it would be easier to access when you put it in your bag.
The cute image I used is Ava! This is what your finished product will look like, below I have created a simple tutorial for you .

First you'll cut a piece of cardstock at 3 1/4" x 9 1/4". On the longside you will score at 3", 3 1/2", 6 3/4" and 7 1/4". Then fold on all scores. You will have one shorter flap which will act as the closure for the holder.

Next you will punch 2 holes near the shorter flap. In this photo I have the holder on it's side. You will punch one on the top and one on the bottom (as shown). Be sure the holes are punched equally. You'll then cut the ribbon and thread it through the holes and tie knots on the inside of the holder. For the closure I cut a small piece of velcro.
Lastly, place your post it note pad in the holder and close it with velcro. After I placed my post it in the holder I realized that only using carstock was just too plain so I've added designer paper to brighten it a bit. Hope you will find this fun and useful!
Please scroll down to see my post for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!
Have a happy Monday!!
Paper: Night of Navy CS, Neenah CS, printed paper
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Cuttlebug Folder, Nestabilities, ribbon, post it notepad, hole punch

38 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous Jodi.. thank you for the tutorial hun. hugs rachxx

Juls said...

such a fun project! I love it and her gilittery wings are just gorgeous!

Penny said...

Very cool!!!

Riet said...

Wowww Jodi,what beautiful,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Berenice said...

Super cute project! TFS :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

The purse is absolutely sweet and your colouring out of this world!

Vicki

Penni said...

Love this project Jodi.

Hugs
Penni
X

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! So gorgeous!! I love the coloring and pretty sparkly wings! This rocks!!

Kim said...

So adorable Jodi! I LOVE it and your Ava is colored to perfection! Beautiful work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Maria said...

Awesome project, Jodi! Maybe I'll give it a try. ..it looks like an easy project but oh so cute. Beautiful job with your coloring. . .that image is adorable!!

Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HOw cute is this?!!!! I love you coloring on this fun project!! GReat tutorial!! I left you something on my blog!
hugs,
Chris

Tonya said...

This is adorable!! Super job, Jodi!

Jenny said...

Hi Jodi,
Thanks for this cool idea! I love giving little gifts to my friends and this is a cute little something to give them!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous Jodi!! I love that image and the colors that you used are just perfect. Great coloring and tutorial. Love it!! Hugs, Cathy

Avril Ann said...

What a fabulous project Jodi, will have a go, great instructions. I love "AVA" could almost be my name...LOL. Hugs Avril xxx

Kyoko said...

Super cute Jodi! I love the blue that you used.

Danni said...

How fun!! She's so cute!! Great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my this is so darling.

Joy said...

this is awesome JODI! I am going to have to steal this idea =) what a great gift to give! I love how you colored her dress! that is so pretty! you make them look so real! TFS! and for the tutorial!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a lovely bag, Jodi, so cute and wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Crystal said...

What an adorable bag JODI!! OMG too cute!

Kim Piggott said...

Just so wonderful Jodi!
Such a great tutorial too!
hugs
kim x

mycardz said...

Jodi, you always make the coolest projects!! I love this one. What a great idea and the perfect image to use on it too. Need I say that your coloring is phenominal? Wow, her dress looks like real satin! Awesome job GF! :) hugz, Mary

Erin said...

Gorgeous creation!
Love it! Fanastic colouring!
Thanks for the tutorial!
Erin x

Linda said...

Thanks for this super cute creation, Jodi! Your coloring is awesome! I need to learn how to color anime eyes like you. AND thanks for the tutorial! See you soon. xoxo, Linda

Kim Y. said...

This is a really fun, nice project, Jodi! I might have to try one of these. Thanks!
Kim

Tracey said...

Simply adorable Jodi!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jodi!
This is such a cute idea!!! Totally sweet little fairy...love those wings! This is definitely inspirational! :)
Blessings, Maria

Islander Girl said...

Too cute!!! Love this!!!

Tammy said...

Wonderful job

Cami said...

Cute post-it note holder, Jodi! I think it has my addy on it for mailing LOL! Great instructions your wrote...thanks for that... I will put it on my "need to make" list. Love your coloring and this blue is very pretty! Cami

Fay said...

Beautiful! Love your coloring and thanks for the tutorial! Can't wait to try making some of my own...

joni h said...

girl, you are good! I just bought a bunch of post it notes yesterday thinking that I'd make a purse holder for it and was going to surf the blogs to copy someone and voila! you made one! how'd you know?!!!

Angela said...

This is gorgeous, will have to make one of these, so cute!!
hugs Angela

Mariska said...

This is absolutely stunning Jodi!! Love the image and the way you coloured her. My heart stopped by the way when I hit your blog.. so much Edward!! Gorgeous (both your cards and Edward ;) ).

xxx
Mariska

Alex said...

Great tutorial, I can't wait to try this out.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

eunice said...

Another outstanding work of art!I have and love this digital fairy too...how come mine never looks as good as yours? :)
BTW, the blues you've chosen for this purse really make this look extra special!

Gracie said...

This is too cute! Thanks for the tutorial...I'm going to try this one!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS