Sunday, August 16, 2009

Do Not Open 'Til Christmas

Good Monday morning! It's your friendly reminder that Christmas is just around the corner...and I know it's hard to believe since the sun is shining brightly, temperatures are high, and the water is so cool and inviting. I've noticed that some of you have been creating cards for Christmas at that is awesome!! So, how many of you have gotten at least 5 done?
My card for this week's Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is based on a sketch created by our talented Maria. I've actually turned the sketch to the side. You can view the sketch HERE.
I've finally gotten a chance to use one of the many stamps that have never seen an inkpad before. This is a stamp from Hanna Stamps, it comes with all kinds of accessories and can be used for birthdays too.
I hope you will be able to join us for the challenge this week, we'd love to see your creation! Click HERE to see what the rest of the design team has created.
This weekend I attended a gathering for local crafters, mainly for local bloggers and have pictures to share with you. It was so much fun meeting everyone outside of their blogs, and the funny thing is that you feel like you've known them longer than they have started their blogs. =)
I was also able to do a copic tutorial in person for everyone there and I think it was pretty successful and will probably post that here.
Since most of the ladies are asking about what kinds of copics I use when coloring my images I thought I should post that at the end. Please let me know if you think this would be helpful or not.
Thank you all for your very sweet comments, each and everyone of them makes me smile!

Stamp: Hanna Stamps, SU Sentiment
Paper: DCWV The Christmas Stack, Pretty in Pink CS, Gable Green CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Memento Black
Copics: Skin: E00, E11. Hair: E31, E47. Clothes: R20, RV32, RV34. Box: YG03, YG09,G07.
Ribbon: R39, R89.
Accessories: Dew Drops, Oval Punches, Pretty In Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities

33 comments:

charlotte said...

Thank you, Jodi, for printing the recipie at the end - it is helpful as more and more stampers are using the copics. You are the Copic Queen.

Penny said...

So cute. I love it

Patti J. said...

Very cute card, Jodi! Thanks for sharing, and for your Copic directions!

Penni said...

Great card - love this image.

Hugs
Penni
X

Crystal said...

Jodi girl this is FANTASTIC!! OH my I lOVE this image and you dp is PERFECT!!! How fun Jodi!

Michelle said...

Very pretty card - love the dew drop border! Great idea and of course, the hanna stamp is darling! Great card all around!

America said...

Your xmas card is SUPER Adorable!!!!!! Great image!

Janis said...

Thanks for the Copic instructions Jodi! You da best! Love the Hanna Stamps image. Great to see you again.

Rosette said...

lovely card sweetie :) Those colours are just yummy! :)

Danni said...

Great card!! So fun!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Jodi!! This is just adorable!! I love the fun papers and colors you've used!! HUGS

Nicki said...

Great card Jodi, so sweet!
Nicki
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a lovely christmas card, very cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

Erin said...

Gorgeous card, fantastic colouring! Love it!
Hugs
Erin x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow such a wonderful fabulous card!
Gorgeous image and beautiful colours!
hugs
kim x

Tammy said...

Hi Jodi
This turned out great!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Jodi, this is terrific! It's definetly a fun and festive card! I have long forgotten about this set - thank you so much for the inpiration to use her again!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Jodi, this is so awesome! Thank you so much for my little rak, I wish I could have made it to this one, but definitely next time.

Hugs,
Michelle

joni h said...

beautiful! thanks so much for sharing your coloring technique & color pen choice! but, can I just send you my images to color?! JK!!

Joy said...

thank you so much for that awesome demonstration with copics! I am so happy! even though mine will never look like yours I at least got a chance to see what you did! it really helps with visuals! I don't have such a light touch as you but I will work on it! TFS! great card for Christmas! nope haven't made anything for any up coming holidays! gotta do that soon!

Cathy said...

This is very cute Jodi!! Love the colors and everything about it!! Hugs, Cathy

Patty Chalas said...

Jody this is so cute card!

LINDA said...

This is so cute..Love the image and the colors.. Great job as always..
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi. I don't have a blog but I totally enjoy viewing yours. I just love the way you color with your copics! Thanks for the instructions!

Cheryl said...

Fantastic!!! Love this image,it is so different from the traditional images!!
Hugs xx

Kyoko said...

Oh I just LOVE your card! Makes me want to go and start Christmas shopping! I just admire how you color and thanks for the lessons on Saturday!

Huggies!
Kyoko

Risa said...

What a super adorable card! Your image is so pretty Jodi and the DP and details are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria said...

Awesome job on your card, Jodi! You did fabulous following the sketch...love that you turned it sidewards. I love that Hanna image. ..been wanting to get that set for a long time now.

How fun to meet all the gals. ..are they similar to their personalitites from what you see on their blogs. In person, I think I'm more chatty when I get to know someone better. I'm not very bubbly at first but I can be funny. . .well, that's what people say. LOL!

Keep up the great work on your Christmas card. . .great coloring as always!

Maria

Summerthyme Studio said...

JOdi, I love how you interpreted the Sketch here. Your colouring is beautiful and Hanna looks divine!

Claudia Rosa said...

hei jody. i love your card.
hugs
claudia

Rita said...

Another beautiful card! You girls have a great head start on your Christmas cards. No more weddings for me after October so next year I hope to do the same!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS