Monday, July 27, 2009

Snow People

Time for another Christmas Challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long! This week's theme is to create a card with a snowman. What a perfect way to cool off your summer days and to get at least one card done before the holidays sneak up on you again this year!! LOL!
I decided to use a couple of non-traditional colors for this Christmas card. I actually like that some of the papers for the holidays include pink in it. Not just because it's my favorite color, but it seems to bring out the red and green and breaks the monotony of the traditional colors.
Here's a closer look at the image. I would've liked to have used my copic airbrush system for the background, but because it was rather late in the night, I chose to color it in with my pen. Not an ideal choice for me since the coloring is not as nice as the airbrush system gives it.
This is a stamp from Pink Cat Studio! Be sure to check out the sneak peeks for the new set to be released next week!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Paper: DCWV (The Christmas Stack), Real Red CS, Gable Green CS, Pink Passion CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Nestabilities

12 comments:

Penny said...

So cute! I'd never think of pink as Christmas but it definately works!

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Jodi! I love these non-traditional colours, they work really well
xx

Berenice said...

I love this card! Is super cute :)

Kim Piggott said...

Oh your card is so cute!
Fabulous design and detail!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

joni h said...

I love these colors together! As Kyoko says, "I'm going to jack your idea!" Well, color combo anyway since I don't create/color as well as you!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card, lady!!! It rocks!!! tfs!!

Tracey said...

Just adorable! I lvoe the Pink Cat images!!

Kim Y. said...

Okay, Jodi, I need to work on my second xmas card. :) Love your card and that image is adorable! Lvoe the color too, I love pink xmas. A couple of years ago, I decorated my whole house pink for xmas. I even made all pink ornaments!

Crystal said...

AWW Jodi I love this image, and those colors are great!!!

Christine said...

Soooo cute!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Fay said...

Wow, I'm loving these colors for your Christmas card! Lily and Billy are so cute!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS