Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tilda with Shamrocks...or Flowers!

Good Monday morning, hope all of you had a great weekend!! Welcome to another Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge, today we are on Challenge #26!! Maria has created a sketch for you to follow when making your card. Here's what I came up with. I decided to use a Magnolia stamp that I have not yet used. This is Tilda with Shamrocks! I got her from none other than Roses on Paper!! If you love Magnolias, a friendly and speedy service be sure to get them there and check out when you can place your next pre-order too!!
Instead of showing Tilda holding the shamrocks, I have altered her to show you that you can use her for more that just one occassion! The possibilities are endless! Because I wanted her to look like she is a Christmas stamp, I punched some red flowers and used some liquid pearls to make the centers look like a poinsettia. Do you think it looks like poinsettias? I then did some filling in between the flowers with some flowersoft.

Here is the sketch that Maria has created for the challenge. I just love her sketches, they are so easy and fun to use!!
Here is a close up of the flowers she is holding. I also wanted to create background behind her with a little lighter color and chose to sponge it on instead of using my copic airbrush system. It gives it a different look with some deeper specs. I have also used this stamp to participate in the Old Magnolia Challenge too!!
The next post has the recent birthday RAKs I received!! Have a wonderful day!
Card Details~
Paper: Wassail Basic Grey, Always Artichoke CS, Certainly Celery CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Flower punch, liquid pearls, flowersoft, nestabilities

27 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a darling card! Wonderful "switch" from one theme to another, just got to make it work for whatever your occassion. Delightful in everyway...

Pam S. said...

so creative! great Tilda! I love Christmas, gonna have to check out this challenge!
TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous job converting the stamp, Jodi! She's beautiful! I love it!

Katie said...

Lovely card!
I especially love the matching flowers around the nestie :)

ljune said...

Such a good idea to change the stamp to something different.Love your card
Linda

Cathy said...

This is so cute!! I love changing stamps around to serve a different purpose than otherwise. Great take on the sketch!! Love the colors. Hugs, Cathy

Tracey said...

This is beautiful! I love that you made it into a Christmas card!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

cabio's craft corner said...

wow she is so precious. The littles altered flowers are a delightful addition for her!
Hugs,
Cabio

Michele said...

You are just so creative! I would have never thought of that. I love this card!

Little GTO said...

You smart little you! What a great idea and you have executed it beautifully!
Sharon L

Handmade by Vivi said...

oh, this card is so adorable!
I love the way it turned out.. and yes, it looks like a poinsettia.. you did an awesome job!!
Hugs
Vivi

Tonya said...

Love your card! I adore the way you made this image into an everyday image. Super job!!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a great card, really lovely. Super image!
Hugs Jacqueline

Kim Piggott said...

Wow this is so super sweet!
I love it!
hugs
kim x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Love the sparkly shoes!

Patty Chalas said...

very creative!!!! love Tilda!

Michelle said...

Cute Card, Jodi! Love how she's holding all those flowers - very pretty!

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! Oh, that Tilda is stinkin' cute and I love that you altered her. . .very creative! Your coloring as always very pretty! Awesome job on yur Christmas card and following the sketch! I do need to get more of those Tildas. . .I have a bunch of them but sheesh, there's so much more that I want! LOL!

Maria

Norma said...

Jodi, sweet card. Adorable Tilda. Love the substitution of Xmas flowers for the shamrocks. Great job.

Hugs.
Norma

Kyoko said...

LOVE IT! Your layout is so pretty and the DP matches perfectly.

Cami said...

Very pretty Christmas card and love how you repurposed this image. Love the deep Christmas colors as well, so rich and elegant. Cami

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Jodi! Tilda is beautiful and the detailing is amazing!
hugs
Risa:)

Teri said...

What a beautiful card! I love the sketch and yes, your flowers look like poinsettias to me! Very nice! xo, Teri

inlovestamping said...

Super cute card and image!!!

Suzan L said...

Very Cute Card!! I love how you filled in behind the flowers with the Flower Soft to cover the shamrocks!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Rach said...

This is gorgeous , love how you have done the flowers. hugs rachxx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS