Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Sweetheart

Here is the card I had made for yesterday's Flutterby Wednesday challenge. This week's challenge was chosen by design team member Heather. Her challenge is to create a card making a scene and using little or no designer paper. Well, I really love my printed papers and found this to be a little bit of a challenge. So I decided to use my cuttlebug folders instead! These make perfect backgrounds and textures. I ran into Kyoko last week at J's and we were just talking about our cuttlebug folders and how we have so many of them but really need to start using them more often. So, I will be incorporating more of my cuttlebug folders into my cards and see how that goes! =)
I used a cute stamp from Anki's Sweethearts! Anki is my fellow DT member for Roses on Paper and Belles n' Whistles (soon to come!). This image came from her first set of stamps, she now has her second set of stamps and that can be found here. Due to so much rushing around this week, I was not able to create the clouds in the sky the way I wanted to by using my copic airbrush system so I sponged it on.
Another one of my favorite things to use are nestabilities! I love them! I have used 2 different cuttlebug folders, one for the pink cardstock and the other on the base of the card. Hope all of you will join in on the fun! I love to participate in challenges that take me out of the box!
Please click on each of the names to see what was created for the challenge! Ann, Cassie, Chris, Christine, Harriet, Heather, Kim, Lelia, Michelle, Nancy, Nicola, Stef, Taylor
Have a wonderful day! =)
Stamp: Anki's Sweethearts (Catherine with Butterfly)
Paper: So Saffron CS, Regal Rose CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Swiss Dots and Birds & Swirls Cuttlebug Folders, White Gel Pen, Nestabilities, bling

13 comments:

Joy said...

this is a wonderful card! I love how you used your cuttlebug! I love my embossing folders and yes, don't use enough of it...but it really does add to a card! this is a sweet card! can't wait to see you on SUNDAY! we finally can meet!!! yipee!!!

Anki said...

Love it Jodi! Wonderful. Kramis - Anki

Rita said...

Wow, this image is so sweet, I love her! Another awesome card & as always your coloring is so beautiful Jodi!

Crystal said...

sooo pretty, love the clouds in the bg...!!

Berenice said...

So cute :)

Susana M said...

Hey Jodi,
You did a sweet job on this sweetheart :o) Love how you layered the embossed cardstock and the sponging really highlights the card!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Avril Ann said...

Such a pretty card. I love the image and the colours..Hugs Avril xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lelia said...

Great job...I think those clouds are wonderful!

Hugs,
Lelia

Kim Y. said...

Another awesome one, Jodi! Such pretty image! Yay, I know what you mean about those folders. I quite a few of them and don't use them often enough as well.

Crafty Nanny said...

Very pretty....love the colors!!
Sandy

Kyoko said...

Hey Jodi! Lookie lookie ... the embossing folders you used for the background are PERFECT!

Rachel said...

such a cute card!
hugs,
Rachel

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS