Monday, July 6, 2009

It's my first Christmas card for the month of July which means we are half way there to the holidays! This week's challenge for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long chosen by Vicki, is to create a card with no stamping. I have chosen to keep it simple again since most of my cards usually have a variety of embellishments.
So, I used one of the Christmas cuttlebug folders with random snowflakes for the base of my card and used my sizzix snowflake die#5 and mounted them on the embossed cardstock. I sponged on some ink in a shade of blue to define the edges against the embossed background and added some stickles and bling to the center of each snowflake.
This is a better pic of how I glittered and shaded the snowflake. I hope all of you get to start creating your Christmas cards using this challenge, there are so many possibilities. I was thinking of even using my cricut to cut out some images, or using my 3-D Christmas stickers. We'd love to see what your card looks like so please upload your card to this POST.
Hope all of you had a great 4th of July celebration, and day off. The fireworks here were so pretty!
Thanks for stopping by and for all of your sweet comments too!
Card Details:
Stamp: None
Paper: Bashful Blue CS, Whisper White CS
Ink: Copics, Brocade Blue Ink Pad (SU)
Accessories: Sizzix Snowflake Die #5, Dimensionals, Sponge, Bling, Christmas Cuttlebug folder

21 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a beautiful card.

Jacque said...

Jodi, this is so lovely!!! That wee bit of blue is just a wonderful touch...Love all of the sparkles too....Hope you had a fun holiday...Bunches of hugs..Jacque

Maria said...

Wow, totally awesome stampless card, Jodi! I love the white on white and those pretty sparkly snowflakes. You did an awesome job with this week's challenge! Well . .that's not surprising. YOu always make pretty cards!

Maria

joni h said...

Love it! Love those snowflakes!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Jodi! I just love the embossing and all the sparkle - very pretty!

Heather said...

Jodi this card is so perfct and so pretty!!!!

Wonderful idea for a Christmas card!!!

Heather

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colour.

Zo Mooi....
Hugs Riet.x

Nicki said...

This is such a pretty christmas card and i cant believe its nearly christmas! eeeeek!
Nicki
x

SemSee said...

This is really beautiful, Jodi. White & blue conjurs up images of clear blue skies on a crisp snow-covered morning in winter for me. (Note to self: stop wishing away summer, when it hasn't even started!! LOL!). Love the way you've inked-up and glittered those pretty snowflakes. A truly stunning card. Hugs, Sem x

Cathy said...

Jodi, this is beautiful!! I love the snowflakes and glitter!! So pretty!! Hugs, Cathy

Joy said...

so pretty Jodi! it really feels like Christmas to look at your card...so white and sparkly! love this! came out so great! TFS! and yes, I'm back!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Jodi! I love the sparkle on the snowflakes...totally awesome!
hugs
risa:)

Islander Girl said...

Simple is always the best!!!! Love this!!!

Kim Y. said...

This is pretty, jodi! I like that touch of blue! It makes the card stand out even more!

cabio's craft corner said...

The sparkling of glitter added great highlight on this card. All the textures made this card simply gorgeous!
Hugs,
Cabio

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is so elegant! Love the way you inked the edges of the snowflakes! Beautiful!

Kyoko said...

Oh, the snowflakes are just too pretty! You never disappoint Jodi!

Nicola said...

Wowzers this is so elegant, love it so much.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZA!! Totally gorgeous!! Love the sparkle!! ;) HUGS

Alex said...

I love this card! Just love it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS