Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flutterby Color Challenge

I know it's not Wednesday but here is the card I made for yesterday's new challenge for Flutterby Wednesday! The challenge is to create a card using Pink and Brown. This was a pretty easy one for me since I love this color combination and had lots to work with.
For my card I decided to use some new and some older items from Stampin' Up. The new In Colors really seem to match with a few of the colors in the standard color wheel. This is great because you can use not only solid cardstocks but printed DSP too!
Here is a closer photo to show that I have used some stickles to shine on the butterfly. I know most of you love this color combo too, so bring out your butterfly or fairy stamps and create a card, we'd love to see your creation! Click HERE to post your card.
Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure to scroll down to see the birthday RAKs I received.
Stamps: God's Beauty (SU), Sweet Little Sentiments (SU)
Paper: Candy Lane (retired), Razzleberry Lemonade,Chocolate Chip & Melon Mambo CS
Ink: Chocolate Chip, memento black
Accessories: Pretty in Pink striped ribbon, Neutral buttons, Stickles

27 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is beautiful. i'm lovin' the in-colors this year! and such a pretty butterfly too!

hugs,

Penny said...

so pretty! I love butterflies.

Lelia said...

Just lovely! I love that stamp too! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Michelle said...

very pretty - love the blingy butterfly!

Tammy said...

Very cute. Love the blocks.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What a beautiful creation!! I love the shimmer!! ;) HUGS

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is beautiful!
Your butterfly is stunning!
hugs
kim x

Denise said...

BEAUTIFUL! My favorite colors!! Nice talking to you yesterday, hope you finished the book. LOL See you soon.
HUGS~

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Danni said...

Very pretty!! Great job!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jodie this card I love to bits not only my favourite colours but the design and that butterfly are awesome well done.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Cute card, luv the butterfly!

Berenice said...

Beautiful card! TFS :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

Jodi this is wonderful, I love butterflies, your layout, and those colors....!!! Pink and brown soooo beautiful!

Cassie said...

so very pretty!!!

Michele said...

What a pretty card, and I love the colors you used!

Joy said...

love the color combo! even if pink and brown are not my favs, but I love working with those colors! you always do such fab work with all your layouts, coloring and with the mixing and matching of DSP and CS. TFS and have a great Thursday!

Nancy said...

Jodi, your card is exquisite!! I love the colors this time around also!! Awesome!!

Kyoko said...

Such a pretty card Jodi! I love the pink/brown combo. TFS!

cabio's craft corner said...

Jodi, the butterfly image is beautiful. I think I have this image too, but the way you did yours seems so dimensional which made it look it comes alive. Very neat!
Hugs,
Cabio

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie what a fabulous card love the colour schemeand that Butterfly is fantastic looks as if it is just about to fly off the page
Hugs Jacqui x

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Jodi! Two of my favorites, pink/brown combo,and butterflies. Love the stickles on the butterfly. Cami

Carolands said...

Very pretty card and you used a butterfly too xx

Teri said...

Love the butterfly! My favorite color combo too!

Vicki said...

Another gorgeous card Jodi, I love the "Stampin Up" range and it's style!

Vicki x

Lise Roy said...

LOOOVE this elegant card!
Gorgeous!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS