Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Days of Summer

It's a sunny Summer day at The Roses on Paper Challenge Blog! That's right, this is challenge 16, and fellow DT member Iris, has chosen our theme... to create a Summer/Vacation card. I love summer, just not the heat that it brings. These are the times we all turn our air conditioners on and the electric bill is bigger. Anyway, here is my card.
This is Barefoot Tilda enjoying the sun and the flowers at her feet. The more I look at this card, I get the feeling that it is very hot out there for her and maybe I should have given her a tree for some shade.. LOL! I used my copic airbrush system to create the sunny background, added some flowersoft for the flowers at her feet, and some shimmerz to her wings.
Here's a better pic of all the details. I've also used my Martha Stewart punch as an accessory and decoration. I really enjoyed this challenge and hope that you will participate in it too!
I have also made this card for the Old Magnolia Challenge blog. This is the stamp that was chosen for the week.
Although a couple of people have already been chosen as a guest designer for Belles n' Whistles, there will definitely be more opportunities for you to try again. Follow the blog for the next call, and more exciting details to coming very very soon!!
I'd like to introduce someone new to blogland! We've only met via email, she lives on the same island as I do, and we have still yet to meet in person!! Vina finally took the plunge into the blog world and you can check her out HERE. Stop on over and give her some luv!
Many many thanks for your sweet comments and for sharing your day with me!!
Card Details:
Stamp: Magnolia (Barefoot Tilda)
Paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey, Bazzill Bling CS, Neenah CS, Certainly Celery CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Punch, Dew Drops, Mini Pearls, Flowersoft,
and Shimmerz

35 comments:

Penny said...

what a beautiful card! I love it.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card!
Your image is coloured to perfection!
Love your fabulous paper and your detail is gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Crystal said...

Jodi girl this is sooo darling, your coloring and those wings...sooo beautiful!! Love your papers and colors too!!

Juls said...

So cute, Love the orange and the glittery wings are just divine!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So gorgeous!! This is just precious!! Beautiful coloring!! ;) HUGS

Littlebear said...

How sweet! I love the warm sunny colours on this card.
Clare x

megastamper said...

oh wow how funny and so wonderful summerly.
thank you for joining in our little challenge.
hugs, bea

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a gorgeous card. tilda definitely looks like an angel watching over her "flock". super job!

hugs,

Penni said...

Great card. Love the papers you've chosen, such warm colours. Great Tilda image too and her glittery wings are fab.

Hugs
Penni
x

Denise said...

Very cute! Love the summer colors....bring this stamp to my house!!! Please...LOL

joni h said...

Since there's no shdae, did you put sunscreen on Tilda? Love your card, it feels like summer!

Danni said...

What a warm, inviting card! Wonderful job!

Kim Y. said...

Beautiful, Jodi! I jsut love yoru coloring! I really need some pratice. Taht's why I always visit your blog for inspiration! Thanks!
Kim

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Jodi, fab colours and coloured beautifully. hugs rachxx

Susan said...

How sweet and soothing! I love the colors in this card and how you used the Flower Soft. Just perfectly delightful and summery!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Jamee said...

your card is super cute! i love your coloring.

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Great card Jodi, so cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh...how cute is this!!! I love it Jodi! You colored Tilda beautifully and that Lime Rickey paper is one of my absolute favorites right now. Fab card!
hugs
Sharon

shortyrose said...

Hi Jodi,

the card ist beautiful. I like the colors very much!!! They are warm like the summer. And the image is coloured beautifully, too!!!

Greetings from Germany
shortyrose

Joy said...

awe...this came out so sweet! I wanted to buy that fence for my tildas to sit on too...and now Roses on paper has them in, so I will definitely check her out! you chose some pretty colors and I love your layouts. TFS and congrats to the blog candy winner!

Michelle said...

Oh Jodi - your card is beautiful!! Love the shimmered wings!

cabio's craft corner said...

This is cute & Sooooo summery!
hugs,
Cabio

cabio's craft corner said...

This is cute & Sooooo summery!
hugs,
Cabio

eunice said...

This card is so warm and summery! Your great coloring and choice of paper really give this card such a wonderful hometown country feel!

Linnie said...

your card is beautiful i loove the way you use the airbrush..detail and colouring stunning
luv
linniex

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! It was so nice running into you at J's today. You and your honey are so super sweet! Don't forget to check your email b/c I'm sure there's an email from Denise!!

I just love your card ... orange & green are such are pretty combination.

Big Hugs,
Kyoko

Fay said...

Beautiful card! Love your coloring (as always)!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, such a cute image and i love those bight and cheery papers. Hope you have a great day. Hugs Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun what a simply sweet card this is love that image and those gorgeous papers. Just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Iris said...

Soooo cute Jodi, your card really feels like summer. Love the Flowersoft and the shimmerz effect!

Hugs,
Iris

stardustgemsandribbon said...

This is just fabulous Jodi, what a wonderful card, so pretty. I love the flowersoft detail.
Thanks for joining us at Old Magnolia.
Hugs
Carole ;-)

Teri said...

Love this card, great summer card! I love the yellow color for the background and Tilda is so sweet! hugs, Teri

Christine said...

Love this colors and DP you chose! It's adorable.

Rita said...

Luv those shimmery wings, beautiful card & I'm loving the detail!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS