Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A White Christmas

Hello blogland! Looks like yesterday's card was supposed to be posted later this week, I never realized that until it was already mid afternoon. I will be creating another card for that challenge during the week. Anyway, this is the post that was supposed to be up yesterday but never made it~ there was something weird with blogger, but now seems to be fixed. The challenge this week for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is to create a white card for Christmas. I really loved this challenge because white is very pretty and so soft for the holidays. Here in Hawaii, we don't always have a white Christmas unless you are either on the Big Island or Maui high up in the mountains. Well, I decided to finally use this set from The Greeting Farm called Rain, Snow and Shine. Obviously, this is snow.
To create my card, I wanted it to have a really snowy feeling so I stamped and colored my image, then ran it through the cuttlebug folder. Doesn't she look like she is standing outside with the snow falling on her? One other thing I did was use my scor pal to dry emboss the lines going across the plain white cardstock behind my image just to add a little texture to the card.

If you have not started on your card making for Christmas, it's not too late! Just create your card for the challenge and upload it HERE. If you are uploading to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword CSAYL. To see what the rest of the DT has created click HERE.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think of her.

Card Details:
Paper: Neenah CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Half Pearls, Nestabilities, Scor Pal

24 comments:

Kim Y. said...

I always think it's hard to make a white card but this is NICE! Great inspiration! Thanks, Jodi!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous!
It does give the illusion of falling snow...how cool is that?!
And those embossed lines in the background add just the right touch! Gosh, you're gifted!....how cool are you?! :)
Have a lovely day!
Blessings, Maria

Rita said...

This card has the WOW factor!!! It's sooooo gorgeous & yes she looks like the snow is falling all around her, that was brilliant! I luv it!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So beautiful!! White Christmas beauty with the textured snow!! I'm lovin this!!

Kyoko said...

OMG ... this is one the top of my list of your AWESOME creations! Totally impressive Jodi!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Jodi,what a BEAUTIFUL card,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

Cammy said...

This is such a cute card. I love that you embossed over the top of the image.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my gosh Jodi this is simply gorgeous it has a very expensive designer look about it very sumptuous love it to bits.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Susie Sugar said...

Oh Wow Jodi!! This is just so perfect in every way, I love everything about it
Love Susie xx

Vina said...

Wow..Jodi! This card is so..creative! I don't know what it is but it makes me feel "ahhhhh" =) Maybe because we live in Hawaii..LOL I knew I should of got this set. It's just never ending huh? Thank you for sharing!

Risa said...

Wow...Your card is stunning Jodi! I love the look of white on white...very pretty! After viewing this weeks X-mas challenge, I'm seriously thinking about using these colors for special X-mas cards!
hugs
Risa:)
Congrats on winning ISS Blog Hop! Your cards and creations are very beautiful and you are very deserving:)

eunice said...

Beautiful! Really LOVE the effect of falling snow you created with your Cuttlebug embossing folder. What a GREAT idea!!!

Tina said...

hey there

this is a great card - I think the whole dt really did a great job with their white cards. Love all the texture of your card.

Nicola said...

Fantastic card Jodi, I love your interpretation and that bugging is so perfect.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cathy said...

Jodi,

This is amazing!! Love this image and you used her perfectly!! Great job!!

Hugs, Cathy

Nicki said...

Oh Jodi! i love this, stunning, really lovely
Nicki
x

Teri said...

Love the white! Your card is stunning! xo, Teri

aerolgirl said...

the cuttlebug dots are a great texture to the card! i've got to try it now...thanks for sharing, Jodi

Maria said...

Awesome job on your card, Jodi! I love how it looks like it is snowing on Ms. Anya! Very pretty! Sorry to hear of your problems with blogger. Blogger has been quite testy nowadays.

Maria

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful. It looks simple, but very gorgeous. Just love it!
Hugs,
Cabio

Erin- said...

This is so neat! It really does give the effect of snow. How pretty.

Emily Leiphart said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you used the cuttlebug for snow.

Shirley N said...

I love this!!!! Once again you have inspired me. This is really gorgeous!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS